Right, so I'm ordering parts for my build and need to know if my wiring diagram would work. Thanks

P.S. I know about the mssing ground on the jack

............the missing jack, if you know about it then watever. if looks like it should work, good luck with it tho
HiMyNameIsMatt
whats the thing that 6 wires are going too?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
whats the thing that 6 wires are going too?

DPDT on-on switch
Quote by supergerbil
Right, so I'm ordering parts for my build and need to know if my wiring diagram would work. Thanks
The selector is fine and the blower switch good. But your volume control is wired backward (input on the wiper) like a Les Paul with 2 volumes. It will work much better the other way round. And the way you have it, the volume will be at minimum with the control fully clockwise. Unless you're left handed, that won't be so good. Also your tone pot wiring is just ... wrong.

I can re-draw it for you, if you like.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
The selector is fine and the blower switch good. But your volume control is wired backward (input on the wiper) like a Les Paul with 2 volumes. It will work much better the other way round. And the way you have it, the volume will be at minimum with the control fully clockwise. Unless you're left handed, that won't be so good. Also your tone pot wiring is just ... wrong.

I can re-draw it for you, if you like.

Cheers, that would be good.

You see I copied the volume tone part from the SD wiring diagram of a jazzmaster- the rhythm circuit. I wanted the functionality of a jazzmaster without all the knobs etc. I never use the volume/tone pots usually, so thats why effectively the lead part. The bit that is wired wrong was the circuit I cut from the diagram.

Thanks

EDIT: Would it be just as easy as for you to put a 4-way tele mod switch on the diagram? Don't wan't to waste your time...
Here's the drawing with the corrections to the controls. I don't have a drawing for a 4-way switch. I'm sure they're out there on the net, but it might take a bit of looking to find one. Diagrams with 4-ways aren't that common. Usually it's 3-way, standard 5-way, or superswitch.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Thankyou

EDIT: I did one with a 4-way
Last edited by supergerbil at May 7, 2008,
Hey Super-G!

I don't think the wiring on that 4-way is going to do what you're expecting.
For one thing, your bridge pickup will be on in all positions.

iirc, the telecaster that has a 4-way had the (+) of one pickup always connected to the output and the (-) of the other always connected to ground. Then the (-) of the first pickup was connected to one pole of the switch. And the (+) of the second pickup connected to the other pole.

The throws were wired so that you'd have 2 individual pickup selections as well as a parallel combination and a series combination.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Hey Super-G!

I don't think the wiring on that 4-way is going to do what you're expecting.
For one thing, your bridge pickup will be on in all positions.

iirc, the telecaster that has a 4-way had the (+) of one pickup always connected to the output and the (-) of the other always connected to ground. Then the (-) of the first pickup was connected to one pole of the switch. And the (+) of the second pickup connected to the other pole.

The throws were wired so that you'd have 2 individual pickup selections as well as a parallel combination and a series combination.

O.K. I'll just go with a standard 3 way

I thought the seymour duncan diagram looked odd

Thanks