hey all
i'm leading a youth band at my church for one gig. the problem is there are 2 electric guitars and one acoustic... any suggestions on how to make it sound clean and nice? i was thinking about have one play without the capo but other than that i have no idea.

thanks.
My suggestion would be having your acoustic playing the simple rhythm, with one electric doing a similar thing with slight overdrive, then the 2nd electric just playing over the top.
Correct me if I'm wrong, this seems to work for me.

Use little gain and lower volume and tone for the electrics, pump up the acoustic amp and turn up it's treble and mids to cut through the mix.

The real trouble is getting it above the bass/drums, not the other electrics.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
have the acoustic play a rythem. then one of the acoustics in drop d or c and have them play a sort of bassish thing. while the other guitarist fills in with lead. i hope this helps
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
He said 1 acoustic

i meant electric, i didnt have any ciggerettes today
HiMyNameIsMatt
get the acoustic to playy chords, the better e-guitarist to play lead and solo/improvise over the acoustic, and then the worse one to play some bass kinda rythm (or the same chords as acoustic but in powerchords)

try and get one ofem to sing

Btw, what is ur role in the band??
thank you all for your suggestions. they are great.

a little more background.... i am acoustic/vocals. i can't Not play, i've already asked.

there is also a piano, bass, drums, and singers. so it is quite full..

if i had my way it would only be me, drums, bass, piano, and singers... but it's not :].

any more suggestions would be lovely
-amy
Quote by musiklover44
thank you all for your suggestions. they are great.

a little more background.... i am acoustic/vocals. i can't Not play, i've already asked.

there is also a piano, bass, drums, and singers. so it is quite full..

if i had my way it would only be me, drums, bass, piano, and singers... but it's not :].

any more suggestions would be lovely
-amy

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's already practicaly an orchestra so one more guitar, whether it's electric or acoustic, ain't gonna make much difference as long as everything is playing at the same volume.

Seriously though, do what revan1013 said, it'll sound sweet.