Hey guys im looking to buy an American Strat for about £400.00..
I am madly in love with Hendrix, so what would be the best sounding Strat for that amount?! Thanks guys..
You aren't getting an MIA strat for £400. MIMs are around that price though.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
american standard, cheaper (if i have the euro to american values right). you can get any sound out of them, everything on them is solid. get the trem with it to, you realy do need it.
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by Stratopower
Mia/mims?!!

Made In Ameica and Made in Mexico.

400 pounds is almost 800 dollars, so I don't know what you're talking about, Ichimaru. MIM sell for around $400 dollars. Unless you're factoring in import prices to the UK, which I know nothing about.

You could probabaly get a MIA for around 400 pounds if you look on eBay for a used one.

If you want a new guitar. For your budget, you might want to look into a Fender Highway one Stratocaster. Your other option is to go to local guitar shops and try out some MIM Strats and find one you like, then upgrade the pickups.

Go to GAK for prices. www.guitarampkeyboard.com/
Last edited by metalman89 at May 5, 2008,
Is there a BIG difference between an MIA and MIM? I just want a nice sounding strat, that plays nice. Thanks guys!
You can get a used MIA strat for £450

MIM are around £300 new, theres a comparison website somewhere, google
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by metalman89
Made In Ameica and Made in Mexico.

400 pounds is almost 800 dollars, so I don't know what you're talking about, Ichimaru. MIM sell for around $400 dollars. Unless you're factoring in import prices to the UK, which I know nothing about.
You can't 'convert' prices like that. Here in the UK we inherently pay more for our guitars, because the retailers don't convert prices. If something is $400 in America, they make it £400 for us. If something is $275 then for us it will be £275. A $2781 will be £2781. And so on. They don't take into account that one £ is more then one $, they just use the same figures regardless.

So, you could maybe get a used MIA Strat for £500~ or so. New, you could get a MIM Strat and have enough money left over to change the pickups perhaps.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Then can't you buy something without going to a retailer? Wouldn't it be much cheaper to buy it direct and have it shipped, or have someone over here buy it and ship if for you?
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
^ When it gets shipped into the country they would get charged taxes that would nullify the savings, I'm pretty sure...
MIA's can be had for pretty cheap if you are super patient. I just bought a 2006 MIA strat with upgrades for $550 in mint condition. It is a real American, not a fake. You just have to be patient and hope to find someone who for some reason just wants to get rid of their stuff.
~Nick
Quote by MrFlibble
You can't 'convert' prices like that. Here in the UK we inherently pay more for our guitars, because the retailers don't convert prices. If something is $400 in America, they make it £400 for us. If something is $275 then for us it will be £275. A $2781 will be £2781. And so on. They don't take into account that one £ is more then one $, they just use the same figures regardless.

So, you could maybe get a used MIA Strat for £500~ or so. New, you could get a MIM Strat and have enough money left over to change the pickups perhaps.

Are you sure about that?

Then why are the prices for the guitars on GAK 'converted'? For example on GAK, a Jackson DK2M is £369, whereas in the US it costs $600. Another example, Fender Highway One, £437 on GAK, $750 in the US.