i hear many horror stories of people plugging their favorite guitars in and hear no sound coming out out of 1 or both pickups.... how do i prevent this
first off, dont treat your guitar like ****. proper care and a gutiar should aways sound good. another thing is make sure when you repair or replace electronics, make sure the soldering is good. and realize that most guitars wont last you 20+ years so be ready to get a new one, music is expensive
HiMyNameIsMatt
keep it safe.check the insides regularly.check wires for wear.don't beat up the switch or pickups.thats about all i can think of...
learn how it works, and get handy with a soldering iron
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
what if i dont know what the insides are supposed to look like....??? or if the wires or worn

would a shop like GC be able to fix problem easy?
yeah, but not necessarily cheap
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
its like a car - treat it well and it will run forever - beat on it and it will break down

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by mr_hankey
Buy a high-quality guitar.

do foreign guitars really last significantly less than US guitars??? i just need my blackjack to last at least 5 years
Quote by Acquiescence
do foreign guitars really last significantly less than US guitars??? i just need my blackjack to last at least 5 years

Being 'foreign' doesn't have much to do with quality. Besides, what is foreign anyway? You'll get what you pay for, mostly.
I'm not trying to take over the thread or something now, but I'm really scared of that that will happen with my guitars. So, I'm looking at a Tele or Strat HSS from Fender American Standard-series for my next guitar, haven't really decided for sure which one yet, but will they last long or are they gonna fall to pieces after, let's say... five years? How good quality should you expect from a guitar that's a little bit over $1000 normally?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
I'm not trying to take over the thread or something now, but I'm really scared of that that will happen with my guitars. So, I'm looking at a Tele or Strat HSS from Fender American Standard-series for my next guitar, haven't really decided for sure which one yet, but will they last long or are they gonna fall to pieces after, let's say... five years? How good quality should you expect from a guitar that's a little bit over $1000 normally?

First off, they surely wont fall to pieces, even with minimal care. There are many lower quality guitars that still wont fall to pieces after a few years. Secondly, if your guitar stops putting sound out, it is most likely due to a broken solder point somewhere in the circuitry or another equally unexciting malfunction. It's a simple and inexpensive fix. Electric guitars are great in that they have no moving parts inside, therefore little room for stuff to go wrong. More than likely, any instrument in that price range will go for a good long time (think 50 years, not 5).
Quote by MrSheen
How much is a soldering iron?

That's like asking how much a guitar is. Depends on the guitar...depends on the iron/gun. Anywhere from 15 bucks to about 60.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣