Because the new album is an album of hardcore covers and the other half of it is like old school hardcore since they have Chad doing the vocals instead of Jordan. Chad was in Shai Hulud and did some guest vocals for Hatebreed. Like I know it seems hard to comprehend but NFG's new album is a pretty legit hardcore album. Thats why I didn't post it in the PP&E thread where all they do is talk about how they wanna bang Chiodos.
ummm, NFG isnt exactly hardcore. i dont like them all to much sorry, i listen to "****ty" music like CoB, from autmn to ashes, the old A7X (sounding the seventh trumpet), the old aiden (nightmare anatomy), older atreyu, across five aprils, and the old AFI. i dont know what happens to some bands but some of them kinda lose what made them unique after a while, no?
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by surge666
ummm, NFG isnt exactly hardcore. i dont like them all to much sorry, i listen to "****ty" music like CoB, from autmn to ashes, the old A7X (sounding the seventh trumpet), the old aiden (nightmare anatomy), older atreyu, across five aprils, and the old AFI. i dont know what happens to some bands but some of them kinda lose what made them unique after a while, no?

so you naming all the bands you listen to has what to do with the new nfg album?
Quote by surge666

thats kind of unrelated.

on topic, the ISHC stuff sounds a little amusing, but ive only heard two songs i think. there is another thread though, shouldnt be too many pages back by now either.
Okay so for anybody who comes in and is apparently out of the loop, new found glory have a new EP of hardcore covers and a hardcore album called ISHC where chad (ex Shai Hulud) does vocals. Nobody in their right mind considers the normal new found glory albums hardcore for the record.
Quote by whitebluesboy
Okay so for anybody who comes in and is apparently out of the loop, new found glory have a new EP of hardcore covers and a hardcore album called ISHC where chad (ex Shai Hulud) does vocals. Nobody in their right mind considers the normal new found glory albums hardcore for the record.

New Found Glory had a noteable hardcore influence on several albums (NGCS, S/T, Sticks and Stones, etc).
Quote by FuzzyBear
id say musically nfg have always had quite abit of hardcore influence + pop vocals, havnt listened to them since sticks and stones really.

what songs do they cover? this sounds really interesting

No Reason Why-Gorilla Biscuits
Here We Go-Shelter
Cut The Tension-LIfetime

Their 3 new original songs on the EP are awesome too.
Quote by Cedence
New Found Glory had a noteable hardcore influence on several albums (NGCS, S/T, Sticks and Stones, etc).

Members of NFG are also in DMS and Courage Crew.

I think this album is amazing though, the lifetime cover rules so much.