Hey, I was wondering what new guitars Jackson was putting out for 08 (besides the Demmelition V) I haven't been able to find out much. Mainly I'm interested if they'll be making a Pro Series King V
Jackson sucks at coming out with new guitars haha

Itd be cool if they made a chinese neck-thru king v
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
why must you make another thread like this, the amount of whining that fender is killing jackson that went in the last thread
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Teh Forest King

Huh?
Be cool.
Quote by Teh Forest King

Don't be an idiot.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Don't be an idiot.

How is that being an idiot? People like V's and bolt on V's have NO sustain....so a cheaper made neck thru V would be kinda cool? I wouldnt buy it but I know a lot of people would.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Bolt ons don't have no sustain. I have no issues with sustain in any of my guitars (all bolt ons)

Anyway from Jackson themselves... KV5, RR5 with Floyd, and in their words 'other '5s''... so there may be a lot more too. Also a US SLS I think. New finishes too.
Quote by Teh Forest King

Thats why... you know what I'll break it down.

1. Your joke was stupid and sucked.
2.ITD...I don't think he was talking about ESP?
3.Chinese neck tru? huh? what wtf is that?
Quote by The Minorthreat
Thats why... you know what I'll break it down.

1. Your joke was stupid and sucked.
2.ITD...I don't think he was talking about ESP?
3.Chinese neck tru? huh? what wtf is that?

There was no joke there? Im saying they havent come out with anything new.

Itd was "It'd" without the apostrophe.

And neckthrough is what the full term is. No need to be a jerk about something like that.

And I didnt say all boltons have no sustain, I said that bolt on V's dont. Its a known fact. Their body mass is low to begin with and the trems are not in a spot to get good sustain, so without the neckthru aspect, there is a huge lack of sustain.
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Teh Forest King

And neckthrough is what the full term is. No need to be a jerk about something like that.

And I didnt say all boltons have no sustain, I said that bolt on V's dont. Its a known fact. Their body mass is low to begin with and the trems are not in a spot to get good sustain, so without the neckthru aspect, there is a huge lack of sustain.

Quote by Teh Forest King

They are going to make an import neck-thru king V, the KV5. It only has 22 frets however but will be in the price range of the RR24.
They also have a new model out available since the end of April, the Demmelition V.
And yes also new finishes.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by The Minorthreat

I dont see how that was a joke? it was an obvious statement
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Teh Forest King
I dont see how that was a joke? it was an obvious statement

then wtf does "haha" mean genius?

Anyways, just leave it be.
strong unnecessary flame in this thread

to answer the OP's question i saw pics online of a new style of v..it lookeda bit spikey and stuff no idea when its coming out
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by shaakaal
strong unnecessary flame in this thread

to answer the OP's question i saw pics online of a new style of v..it lookeda bit spikey and stuff no idea when its coming out

That's the Phil Demmel (Spelling?) sig.
Anyways...I don't know what the hell is with Jackson. I haven't heard of them coming out with their new gear yet. They were supposed to come out in April. All I've seen is the new colors being for sale. They're pretty nice. I really like the Absynth Green the most. The new Gold is kinda...Eh.
A few dealers are getting the Demels in. This is the time all companies start sending out there new guitars, so keep your pants on. The others will likely be unveiled at Sumer NAMM
Quote by CJRocker
A few dealers are getting the Demels in. This is the time all companies start sending out there new guitars, so keep your pants on. The others will likely be unveiled at Sumer NAMM

I've seen it at one or two European sites. I can't wait to see it in US stores though. Anyone know what the price will be like?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Teh Forest King

Maybe so, but the neck joint doesn't increase or change sustain that much. It's a myth. With neck through it does change as the wood that makes the most contribution to the sound is the center wood (usually Maple) instead of the wings. So it's essentially an entirely different guitar just because of that.
I wasn't expecting them to be coming out with a new model, but the KV5 seems exciting. Hopefully it will have a FR to make up for only 22 frets

BTW, is that confirmed?
this thread has stupidity written all over it.

just stop now
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by lylewithans182
I wasn't expecting them to be coming out with a new model, but the KV5 seems exciting. Hopefully it will have a FR to make up for only 22 frets

BTW, is that confirmed?

No Floyd. It's the RR5, except as a King V.
They should have a 24 fret Kelly with OFR.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
They should have a 24 fret Kelly with OFR.

KE2.

The new models sound promising. I wish they would just standardize most of their stuff.

such as:
KV3, KV5 both with and without floyd roses
KE5.
R5 with Floyd (apparently coming)
SL3 with twin humbuckers.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
matt tucks RR1T sig is comin out later this year
its basically an RR1 with a reverse headstock..looks pretty cool but 22 frets & no floyd so its not exactly loaded with features...