im i guess a beginer and i was wondering what i should learn and practice and if it helps i plan to play metal songs atreyu, iron maiden, bullet for my valentine etc things like that please tell me scales i should learn skills i should practice and how
i didnt learn scales at first.. **** i didnt even learn chords lol.. well yeah some... but i learned number of the beast... alot of NIN songs.. which are not what you should learn (nin) lol.. but yeah learn all that stuff.. chords etc... or gay **** like stairway... or smoke on the water
Quote by manb3arpig
alot of NIN songs.. which are not what you should learn (nin) lol..

i fail to see why you shouldn't learn NIN songs. trent is a classically trained musician. thats kinda like saying (though not to the degree of) "don't learn any beethoven or bach or anyone that has a considerable knowledge of music"
Quote by Zero-or-die
im i guess a beginer and i was wondering what i should learn and practice and if it helps i plan to play metal songs atreyu, iron maiden, bullet for my valentine etc things like that please tell me scales i should learn skills i should practice and how

Okay, first off, those are metalcore, not metal.

but anyway check out some of their songs; learn them, and once you have maybe one or two down, go check out the music theory lesson on the lessons section. Or the other way around, pick.

Good luck.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by bangoodcharlote
Maiden metalcore??? Blasphemy!

Learn basic theory, such as the link in my sig.

OMG........i didn't see maiden...........now im ashamed......

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

OMG........i didn't see maiden...........now im ashamed......

I was going to suggest that you run to the hills; run for your life, but you've admitted your mistake.

Anyway, not all metalcore is garbage.
Quote by Archaon

I was going to suggest that you run to the hills; run for your life, but you've admitted your mistake.

Anyway, not all metalcore is garbage.

lol, i know. im in a metalcore band man. I wasn't bashing it, i was correcting him.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance