ok so i have an epi lp custom and am saving up for a hellraiser & tube amp

what i want to know is, will the hellraiser sound 'pretty ok' on my Flextone II 2x12 until i get the money for the tube amp?

i KNOW active pickups dont show their true glory on SS amps, but will the hellraiser give me a pretty good sound, at least a change of sound than what my crappy stock Epi gives off?
It will change it but SS holds you back. I would just save for the amp, then get the guitar. 80% tone speaks for itself..
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Flextones arent horrible, so you could be doing worse. But amps do make up alot of your tone, so get the amp first. LP Customs arent bad guitars, and should sound great on a tube amp.
flextone?... thats not a bad amp man!!

but still id get the tube amp first... the the schecter
Yes, it will make enough of a difference to notice. More importantly though, it will feel ten times better to play than your Epiphone (I have owned both, and still own the Hellraiser). The amp will obviously make a bigger difference, but my suggestion is to go ahead and get the guitar first.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
Quote by n0e
Yes, it will make enough of a difference to notice. More importantly though, it will feel ten times better to play than your Epiphone (I have owned both, and still own the Hellraiser). The amp will obviously make a bigger difference, but my suggestion is to go ahead and get the guitar first.

yeah, i realize that the amp is really where the tone's from, but since i play rhythm guitar and lead vox at my church band, i just wanted another guitar to play with during certain songs that i think might need a different tone to them, ere-go, the hellraiser hah