Page 1 of 2
What MMORPG are you playing and what do you recommend for me to try out. I only tried one game out called last chaos and thought it was ok but there must be better ones out there! (there almost always is better ones!) so name some games people!
Quote by gilbeaux1983
What MMORPG are you playing and what do you recommend for me to try out. I only tried one game out called last chaos and thought it was ok but there must be better ones out there! (there almost always is better ones!) so name some games people!

Astonia 3.0 :P
NONE!!!

Played WoW for about 2 weeks, was boring as hell.
Played Eve online, was kinda boring/really hard.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Im playing an ultima online *cough* server, waiting for windslayer OB, maybe try requiem, and neosteam when it reaches OB too.
Besides that CS:S <3, also
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I played World of Warcraft for 2 and a half years, the best and most time consuming game I have EVER played.

Met some amazing people on there, but theres equally if not more assholes...

You have to get into it too before it's any good, get into it as in get to about level 55+

I quit though because I became a slave to the game, Wake up... Play WoW... Eat... Drink... School... Sleep.

Rinse and repeat...
apparently Lord Of The Rings Online is really good.. ive never played it though.. not a huge MMO fan..
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
WoW is great, as long as you have enough self-control to play casually, and not obsessively.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
apparently Lord Of The Rings Online is really good.. ive never played it though.. not a huge MMO fan..

Yeah i played it in CB, it was so awesome.
I quitted in the first 2 days tough, it was DEAD empty, i thought it was gona die
look at it now
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

WoW's the one for me.

I'm still playing it at uni and getting firsts so meh. if you've got lots of time, play that.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Joelieo
I played World of Warcraft for 2 and a half years, the best and most time consuming game I have EVER played.

Same...
I'm all off of it now!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by Beware!Criminal
WoW is great, as long as you have enough self-control to play casually, and not obsessively.

No, WoW sucks.
Im not even gonna discuss it here, just head over to onrpg forums and read my threads/posts (same ID has on UG)
Flamers ill discuss with time tomorow, im going to sleep now.
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by Rocking-Rob
Pre-CU star war galaxies, that owned before it became the **** it is today

Age of Conan looks promising, br00tal fatalities.

Yeah and ive heard fileplanet is leting everyone in.
Its still a freacking huge download (12gb)
Isent it gonna be b2p+p2p?
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Definately try WoW, don't listen to everyone who says it sucks. Most of them haven't played it.

Just make sure only to play a little, and maybe not every day. It's a lot more fun if you don't play it for hours a day.

And try to find friends in WoW. It's 100x more fun to play with a couple friends than by yourself. I hated the game until I started playing with two friends from school. Now we can't get enough.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
AoC - Age of Conan has potential, and it comes out pretty soon.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
**** runescape
i like rappelz. flyff is good but too hard to level up.

So your comparing 2 generic korean grinders, that the only thing you do is kill, to a game with lots of dept, awesome quest system, awesome trade skills/crafting system, and butloads of content, with the only downside being comunity and gfx?
Fail.
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by PlayMadness
Definately try WoW, don't listen to everyone who says it sucks. Most of them haven't played it.

Just make sure only to play a little, and maybe not every day. It's a lot more fun if you don't play it for hours a day.

And try to find friends in WoW. It's 100x more fun to play with a couple friends than by yourself. I hated the game until I started playing with two friends from school. Now we can't get enough.

All you do is kill, its boring, skill system sucks, after lvl70 all you do is raids and pvp, and did i mention it sucks?
Gameplay/content > Grafics
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by Popsai
All you do is kill, its boring, skill system sucks, after lvl70 all you do is raids and pvp, and did i mention it sucks?
Gameplay/content > Grafics

Definitely. I'm one of the most fanatical gameplay>graphics people you'll ever meet. I just enjoy getting together and playing WoW with a couple friends.

I'm sorry I don't share your opinion. I'll now immediately change my entire way of life to fit in with what you think "sucks" or not.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Popsai
Yeah and ive heard fileplanet is leting everyone in.
Its still a freacking huge download (12gb)
Isent it gonna be b2p+p2p?

Not sure, but the actual game is 30gb+
If you can still stomach WWII games, WWII Online is IMO the best MMORPG there is. Its been around since about 2000. The map is a 1/2 scale recreation of partos of Holland, Belgium, Germany, France, and Luxembourg, and the game is set at the beginning of Nazi Germany's invasion of France in May of 1940.

This isn't your normal WWII game like CoD 2 though. First, there is no American army since obviously they didn't come into the war until later. The playable armies are France, the BEF (British), and the Nazis. This game is pretty much every simulator packed into one giant in game environment. It is the most realistic WWII flight sim, hands down, as well as the most realistic armor sim. Probably the most realistic FPS as well. Really, this is just the most realistic gaming experience you're going to find.

Unfortunately it sacrifices graphics to have the giant map and other features, but usually most gamers that appreciate realism don't care too much about that anyways. I don't. It probably has the most dedicated dev team out of any game. They release a couple patches a month, usually at least one of them with some good new features/material.

You can go on bomber raids (which last a few hours because of the map size) to bomb enemy factories and slow their production (logistics go into this game a lot), you can bomb bridges at night (it has a 12 hour game clock, 6 hours of day 6 of night), you can resupply your battalion's current town via truck convoy (boring, but some people do it). You can organize a giant panzer convoy and plow through enemy lines. Its really a unique gaming experience because its just so big. You have to join a clan though to really appreciate it. Definitely not for the casual gamer.
We're only strays.
Quote by Popsai
Yeah i played it in CB, it was so awesome.
I quitted in the first 2 days tough, it was DEAD empty, i thought it was gona die
look at it now

I didn't find it that great. The Epic questline got progressively less epic, the endgame PvE content is extremely limited(you've got 1 12 man and one 24 man raid, that's it), and PvMP was pretty pointless, as all that ever happened was freeps either couldn't agree on a plan to do anything, or bickered about nothing, and creeps bitched about burglers, or GY camping. Which, apparently, you could be doing when you couldn't even SEE the GY on ultra-high graphics.
I switch between WoW and Dark Age of Camelot have played off and on between the two games for like 5 years now.
Ninjaz get Drunk freak out and kill people all the time and then totally wail on geetarz
Take my advice and don;t get too hooked on an MMORPG, they get REALLY addicting.
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
Quote by Eccer
Well, if you're up for building a new pc. I'd recommend Age of Conan.
www.ageofconan.com
http://community.ageofconan.com - Main site.

Soon to be released, one of the 2007-2008 most-anticipated MMO.

Aye I'm getting that game (after my exams)
Quote by sik209
AoC - Age of Conan has potential, and it comes out pretty soon.

If I was Prime Minister or whatever, I'd ban all Conan references unless they knew who Robert Howard is.
tibia... damn, is the worst graphic, but great gameplay and good also for light's connections and pc's

And yes, like someone said before, I'm already a grown-up and it's not like when i was on my 16's and had to play all the day, I stil get first on uni and play some free days
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by Craigo
If I was Prime Minister or whatever, I'd ban all Conan references unless they knew who Robert Howard is.

Books > that arnie film (which should be remade)
Don't even try WoW. You'll like playing sometimes, but most of the time you'll regret ever starting. Try EVE, or wait for AoC or Darkfall.
I'm a communist. Really.
Page 1 of 2