I'm pretty bored right now so can someone suggest a good song for me to learn? (Preferably tuned no more than 1 step down)

EDIT: I still will learn a song if it's good if it's more than 1 step down, I'd just prefer one that stays close to standard tuning.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at May 7, 2008,
Emperor - Curse You All Men
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Advanced, intermediate, what?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Stranglehold
Emperor - Curse You All Men

thanks I'll start learning it now.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
NO!!!! Learn Crystal Mountain-Death!!!!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Good call on Emperor.

Pagan Fears - Mayhem.

or if I want something really challenging (at least it was for me...)

Perun's Celestial Silver - Nokturnal Mortum.
Quote by DevilsDance76
Steely Dan - Reelin' in the years

As good a song, but not the genre he's looking for.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Can't really beat the Death Metal.

I would suggest Demigod by Behemoth by the way in case the other song bores you for some strange reason.
NICKtothecore.
Culinary Hyperversity by Necrophagist
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Thanks for all of these but, I've already learned Crystal Mountain and Demigod, and Necrophagist and Spawn of Possession are way too hard for me. I'll learn the Mayhem song as soon as I finish with Curse You All Men.

So about what virtuoso king was asking, mostly intermediate/easy but I could learn something (somewhat) advanced (as long as it doesn't involve sweep picking).
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I'll just post the list I spent like ten minutes doing last time, along with scourge's and Mudvanye's.

Arsis-The Promise of Never, Seven Whispers Fell Silent, Maddening Disdain, The Face Of My Innocence.
At The Gates-Blinded By Fear, Slaughter of The Soul, Cold, Under A Serpent Sun, and The Burning Darkness.
Amon Amarth-Once Sent From the Golden Hall (intro riff is awesome) Pursuit of Vikings, Valhalla Awaits Me.
The Absence-A Breath Beneath, From Your Grave
In Flames-Ordinary Story, Jotun, Gyroscope, Artifacts of The Black Rain, December Flower, Dead God In Me, Episode 666.
Immortal-Solarfall.
Dark Tranquillity-Hedon, Focus Shift, White Noise Black Silence, Punish My Heaven, Zodijackyl Light, Damage Done, Lost to Apathy.
Wintersun-Beyond The Dark Sun, Death and The Healing, Hell just learn the whole album (They only have one, so yeah).
Ensiferum-Iron, Windrider, Into Battle, Sword Chant, SLAYER OF LIGHT!!!
Children of Bodom-Downfall, Silent Night Bodom Night, Bed of Razors
Symphony X-Inferno (Unleash the Fire), Sea of Lies
Firewind-The Fire and the Fury
Arch Enemy-Dead Inside, Dead Bury Their Dead, Ravenous, The Immortal, Heart of Darkness, Dead Eyes See No Future,Machtskampf
Mors Principium Est-Two Steps Away, Parasites of Paradise,Finality, Cleansing Rain, Sinners Defeat, Altered State of Consciousness.
Kalmah-Dance of the water, Hades,Hero's to Us, Burbots Revenge, Time Takes Us All, To The Gallows, The Black Waltz.
Metallica-Damage Inc, Creeping Death
Megadeth-She-Wolf, Holy Wars... The Punishment Due, Tornado of Souls
Nevermore-My Acid Words, The River Dragon Has Come, Born, This Godless Endeavor
Sleep Terror-Probing Tranquility,Somnambulist Pedophile,Autoerotic Spy
Necrophagist-Pseudopathological Vivisection, StabWound, Epitaph.
Atheist-And The Psychic Saw
Pestilence-Chronic Infection
Psycroptic-Alpha Breed.
Cynic-Evolutionary Sleeper, Veil Of Maya, Celestial Voyage.
Eternal Tears of Sorrow-Lost Rune of Thunder.
Meshuggah-Combustion (I only know stuff off the newest album, but that song is awesome)
Norther-Death Unlimited.
Death-Spirit Crusher, Crystal Mountain, Suicide Machine, Lack of Comprehension, Pull The Plug, Bite The Pain, Story To Tell, Flesh And The Power it Holds, A Moment of Clarity, Painkiller (technically a Judas Priest cover, but whatever, still a good song). I definitely recommend Death, because their songs are awesome and they aren't that difficult.

Gojira-Backbone, From the Sky, The Heaviest Matter of the Universe, World to Come, To Sirius
Quo Vadis-Silence Calls the Storm
Agalloch-Not Unlike the Waves, Falling Snow, Dead Winter Days, In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion
Vehemence-She Never Noticed Me, The Last Fantasy of Christ, I Didn't Kill Her
Ahab-Old Thunder
Anaal Nathrakh-Der Holle Roche Kocht in Meinem Herzen, The Final Absolution, When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child, Pandemonic Hyperblast
Anata-Downard Spiral into Madness, The Great Juggler
Behemoth-Conquer All, Slaves Shall Serve, Sculpting the Throne ov Set, The Reign ov Shemsu-Hor, Chant for Eschaton 2000, Decade of Therion
Bathory-Shores In Flames, Baptised in Fire and Ice, A Fine Day to Die
Opeth-The Funeral Portrait, Face of Melinda, Deliverance, Master's Apprentices, To Bid You Farewell, The Lotus Eater (when tabs for it come out)
Daath-Subterfuge, Ovum, Cosmic Forge, From the Blind, Festival Mass Soulform
Disarmonia Mundi-Resurrection Code, Mindtricks, Nihilistic Overdrive, Liquid Wings, Process of Annihilation
Dissection-The Somberlain, Where Dead Angels Lie, Unhallowed
Melechesh-Rebirth of the Nemesis
Orden Ogan-To New Shores of Sadness, Winds of Vale, Farewell, Reality Lost
The Red Chord-Send the Death Storm, Black Santa, Upper Decker
Pelican-NightEndDay, Drought

Beginning riff to "Master's Apprentice" by Opeth.
Main riff for "Deliverance" by Opeth.
Chorus to "Serenity Painted Death" by Opeth.
The distorted part to "Face of Melinda" by Opeth.
Beginning riff to "Blinded by Fear" by At the Gates.
Beginning to "Spheres of Madness" by Decapitated.
Intro to "The Loss and Curse of Reverence" by Emperor.

Have fun.
Quote by Senor Kristian
That is a fine post. I take my turban off to you The Virtuoso. A wide variety to choose from and a bit task to complete. Bravo!
Thanks for the list virtuoso (a bit big) but I'll learn some of those soon, I actually already know some of them and right as I finished learning Where Dead Angels Lie, I checked back and saw your list .
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at May 5, 2008,
Lol, *Is overcome with joy at his post's reception* "Thank you, thank you, I couldn't have done it with out the support of my friends!"
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
I'll just post the list I spent like ten minutes doing last time, along with scourge's and Mudvanye's.

Arsis-The Promise of Never, Seven Whispers Fell Silent, Maddening Disdain, The Face Of My Innocence.
At The Gates-Blinded By Fear, Slaughter of The Soul, Cold, Under A Serpent Sun, and The Burning Darkness.
Amon Amarth-Once Sent From the Golden Hall (intro riff is awesome) Pursuit of Vikings, Valhalla Awaits Me.
The Absence-A Breath Beneath, From Your Grave
In Flames-Ordinary Story, Jotun, Gyroscope, Artifacts of The Black Rain, December Flower, Dead God In Me, Episode 666.
Immortal-Solarfall.
Dark Tranquillity-Hedon, Focus Shift, White Noise Black Silence, Punish My Heaven, Zodijackyl Light, Damage Done, Lost to Apathy.
Wintersun-Beyond The Dark Sun, Death and The Healing, Hell just learn the whole album (They only have one, so yeah).
Ensiferum-Iron, Windrider, Into Battle, Sword Chant, SLAYER OF LIGHT!!!
Children of Bodom-Downfall, Silent Night Bodom Night, Bed of Razors
Symphony X-Inferno (Unleash the Fire), Sea of Lies
Firewind-The Fire and the Fury
Arch Enemy-Dead Inside, Dead Bury Their Dead, Ravenous, The Immortal, Heart of Darkness, Dead Eyes See No Future,Machtskampf
Mors Principium Est-Two Steps Away, Parasites of Paradise,Finality, Cleansing Rain, Sinners Defeat, Altered State of Consciousness.
Kalmah-Dance of the water, Hades,Hero's to Us, Burbots Revenge, Time Takes Us All, To The Gallows, The Black Waltz.
Metallica-Damage Inc, Creeping Death
Megadeth-She-Wolf, Holy Wars... The Punishment Due, Tornado of Souls
Nevermore-My Acid Words, The River Dragon Has Come, Born, This Godless Endeavor
Sleep Terror-Probing Tranquility,Somnambulist Pedophile,Autoerotic Spy
Necrophagist-Pseudopathological Vivisection, StabWound, Epitaph.
Atheist-And The Psychic Saw
Pestilence-Chronic Infection
Psycroptic-Alpha Breed.
Cynic-Evolutionary Sleeper, Veil Of Maya, Celestial Voyage.
Eternal Tears of Sorrow-Lost Rune of Thunder.
Meshuggah-Combustion (I only know stuff off the newest album, but that song is awesome)
Norther-Death Unlimited.
Death-Spirit Crusher, Crystal Mountain, Suicide Machine, Lack of Comprehension, Pull The Plug, Bite The Pain, Story To Tell, Flesh And The Power it Holds, A Moment of Clarity, Painkiller (technically a Judas Priest cover, but whatever, still a good song). I definitely recommend Death, because their songs are awesome and they aren't that difficult.

Gojira-Backbone, From the Sky, The Heaviest Matter of the Universe, World to Come, To Sirius
Quo Vadis-Silence Calls the Storm
Agalloch-Not Unlike the Waves, Falling Snow, Dead Winter Days, In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion
Vehemence-She Never Noticed Me, The Last Fantasy of Christ, I Didn't Kill Her
Ahab-Old Thunder
Anaal Nathrakh-Der Holle Roche Kocht in Meinem Herzen, The Final Absolution, When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child, Pandemonic Hyperblast
Anata-Downard Spiral into Madness, The Great Juggler
Behemoth-Conquer All, Slaves Shall Serve, Sculpting the Throne ov Set, The Reign ov Shemsu-Hor, Chant for Eschaton 2000, Decade of Therion
Bathory-Shores In Flames, Baptised in Fire and Ice, A Fine Day to Die
Opeth-The Funeral Portrait, Face of Melinda, Deliverance, Master's Apprentices, To Bid You Farewell, The Lotus Eater (when tabs for it come out)
Daath-Subterfuge, Ovum, Cosmic Forge, From the Blind, Festival Mass Soulform
Disarmonia Mundi-Resurrection Code, Mindtricks, Nihilistic Overdrive, Liquid Wings, Process of Annihilation
Dissection-The Somberlain, Where Dead Angels Lie, Unhallowed
Melechesh-Rebirth of the Nemesis
Orden Ogan-To New Shores of Sadness, Winds of Vale, Farewell, Reality Lost
The Red Chord-Send the Death Storm, Black Santa, Upper Decker
Pelican-NightEndDay, Drought

Beginning riff to "Master's Apprentice" by Opeth.
Main riff for "Deliverance" by Opeth.
Chorus to "Serenity Painted Death" by Opeth.
The distorted part to "Face of Melinda" by Opeth.
Beginning riff to "Blinded by Fear" by At the Gates.
Beginning to "Spheres of Madness" by Decapitated.
Intro to "The Loss and Curse of Reverence" by Emperor.

Have fun.

holy ****, that's epic.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Whatever happened to MetalMessiah?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
metalmessiah and dminishedthingy ended up banging and moving down to Colorado, where they wound up owning the first interracial dude ranch.