so i am seeing a lot of these on ebay and am just wondering how good they are. i am in search for a new amp because my vox just got ****ed up and i dont feel like getting it fixed. so now i have an excuse to save up for a new amp like a mesa or a marshall. i am mainly wondering how good they handle thrash metal/hard rock and if they can get a classic rock tone also? also if i found one for 500$ would that be a good deal
I'd say that they were very good. They'd easily do all the genres you described, especially the heavier end of it.

If you found one for $500 and it was working then I'd kill you. That's an insanely good deal.
They sound ****ing kick ass. Be sure to get one with a parametric eq. Its the 5 band slider eq on the right. Ridiculously good lead sounds, really good thrash/metal/hardrock tones, and you can get classic rock out of it too. Good cleans too.
Quote by Say Ocean
They sound ****ing kick ass. Be sure to get one with a parametric eq. Its the 5 band slider eq on the right. Ridiculously good lead sounds, really good thrash/metal/hardrock tones, and you can get classic rock out of it too. Good cleans too.

cool i better start saving then. also there are like three on ebay right now going for 400-500 bucks. i would have 200 bucks, but i bought GTA IV