Page 1 of 2
I was wondering who here thinks they're good enough to live off playing in a band?

I'v always though every guitarist has that feeling inside them which keeps them playing, even if they don't do anything about it and just play for the enjoyment.

What do you think?
nobody to play with
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Nope.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
When I finally get fed up of life I'm gonna become a drifter, travelling with my guitar playing Tom Jones covers in the streets for food money and sleeping rough.
My gut belief has always been if you stick with it for long enough even when nothings coming up for you, you promote yourself/band like crazy and play any gig/ take any chance you can you'll make it. Thats what i plan to do anyway
Quote by Sabu
When I finally get fed up of life I'm gonna become a drifter, travelling with my guitar playing Tom Jones covers in the streets for food money and sleeping rough.

Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
It's on the list of things to do. It only takes money to get an album recorded, pressed up and distributed.
I WILL make it.......the world is just waiting to hear my talents.....

Except I'll be at the back drumming......
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I know I'm good enough- I'm in three bands at the moment!

It's quality not quantity man!

Mind you, I'm in 0...so I probably won't make it
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by Slaytanic6606

No one is cold enough to rape a guy who plays 'It's Not Unusual'.
We're not a gonna maaaakke it! well no we're not, a gonna maake it!

We're not gonna...maaaaaaaEEEEEEEEEEEkkkkkE iiiiiiiiiiitah!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
right now, i'm not sure if i'm going to 'make it' at all. i turn 18 in a couple days, i've never had a job, i don't consider myself all that great at guitar, and i have no clue at all what i want to do. i thought of being a sound technician, but i know nothing about working with sound and no way of learning how. i might just go into computer programming like my dad, since he never knew anything about computers, and there's nothing else to do. the only thing i've got going for me is that i'm only a junior, so i still have another year.
Quote by whatamidoinhere
It's quality not quantity man!

Mind you, I'm in 0...so I probably won't make it

Yeah, but it's all good experience...

I can hear it now.....the sound of the screaming fans, the click of the stagelights, the creaking of the stairs as I ascend my platform, drumsticks in hand......

I can't wait!
Yes. Somehow I'm going to make a living playing bass for a band. After high school I plan on moving traveling around for about a year and a half trying to find a way to do it, if it doesn't work I'll move back home and go to a college for electronics and have a guaranteed $14
an hour job.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
i think with the songs that my band play we couldmake a living out of it but as band we'[re not ready to yet
Sig space available, give me some praise
I'm going to be a shredder and move to Japan, I'll "make it" there for sure. Then I'll marry a hot Japanese women and eat Japanese food forever.

It's all planned.
tune-writer? yes. band-member/musician? no.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by Slaytanic6606

I just noticed that the beard was photoshopped onto him.

Anyways, I'm planning to. Even if it's just at bars that's more than good enough for me. I'm playing to play at bars and stuff hopefully 3 times a week and live in my car and give lessons at a shop somewhere.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
I think I will most certainly play in a Jazz band one day, but you don't make too much money from that.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
I'll make it in a band similar to Deep Purple. You see, I can play "Smoke On The Water"
Quote by zombie_monster
Skill doesn't matter, you just have to be lucky.

lucky ?

what the hell....shall i roll a dice and create some gary moore skills
Quote by DieKrupps
lucky ?

what the hell....shall i roll a dice and create some gary moore skills

No, roll a dice and sing pop.
Quote by Sabu
No one is cold enough to rape a guy who plays 'It's Not Unusual'.

I am.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Everyone on UG knows I'm the next Rick Allen....

Yeah well I'm the next Rick Astley.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
I find it ironic, how on UG alot of the kids are against music companies as "bands get most of their money from gigs" yet they are all desperate to get signed.

I just don't understand
Quote by Portuguese_boy
No, roll a dice and sing pop.

sort of a good point,

im sure ive got more chance wearing silly clothes, acting gangster and rapping about london than i have being a guitarist.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
I find it ironic, how on UG alot of the kids are against music companies as "bands get most of their money from gigs" yet they are all desperate to get signed.

I just don't understand

For the record, I have no intention of ever being signed to a label. I probably won't make multi-million dollar records, but that's not really what I want to do anyway, so at least I won't be let down
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by Rocking-Rob

I just don't understand

Haha, too true

(I'd sellout in a heartbeat btw).
Quote by SkyValley
Yeah well I'm the next Rick Astley.

Yeah well I'm the next GG Allin

Edited for spelling.
Last edited by Zander155 at May 5, 2008,
Quote by Rocking-Rob

I just don't understand

I agree. I just don't understand already successful bands selling out.
Page 1 of 2