Hey uh , I wanted to know if there are some easy solo's that would make me feel like i can actually do them and they sound good. I have been trying some solo's such as bucket head and metallica, but they are i guesse to challenging for me. So to sum it all up i would either like to know some easy sound good solo's or a good way to practice or learn how to do solo's.

If any of that makes sense just drop a line it will help thanks =D
My Guitars --
Ibanez - Rg350
B.C Rich - Warlock
Wartribe (KKV) Special
Washburn - Oscar Schmidt Solid Body(Electric)Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
AC/DC - Highway to Hell, Touch Too Much, You Shook Me All Night Long
Free - All Right Now
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Paul Weller - You Do Something To Me
Guns N Roses - Knocking On Heavens Door

seriously, the stuff you've been attempting is way out of your league at this point in time, just take things slowly for the time being.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
try stairway to heaven-led zeppelin
My gear:
gibson sg
fender stratocaster
vox AD30
crybaby wah
Hey thanks guys alot,
My Guitars --
Ibanez - Rg350
B.C Rich - Warlock
Wartribe (KKV) Special
- Acoustic Guitar
Quote by Dtyrant
Hey uh , I wanted to know if there are some easy solo's that would make me feel like i can actually do them and they sound good. I have been trying some solo's such as bucket head and metallica, but they are i guesse to challenging for me. So to sum it all up i would either like to know some easy sound good solo's or a good way to practice or learn how to do solo's.

If any of that makes sense just drop a line it will help thanks =D

Enter Sandman by Metallica is easy, so is Nothing Else Matters
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If they are how do i go about doing them i dont know if i can do them that fast, how long would they take to learn?
I know im dumb-.-
My Guitars --
Ibanez - Rg350
B.C Rich - Warlock
Wartribe (KKV) Special
- Acoustic Guitar
=P aight man
My Guitars --
Ibanez - Rg350
B.C Rich - Warlock
Wartribe (KKV) Special
- Acoustic Guitar
Try the solos in Black Sabbath's Iron Man.

I've only been playing about 3 months and that seems to be fairly easy so far, I've almost got it up to speed
Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle

The Welcome To The Jungle solo is one of my favorite solo's and it was not hard to learn.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Bostom - More Than A Feeling
Avenged Sevenfold - Seize The Day
Avenged Sevenfold - Warmness On The Soul
Also, if you count the "Sweet Child 'O Mine" intro as a solo, it's damn fun to play and it should prove to be just a slight challenge.
Quote by SixString1989
the intro solo from fade to black by metallica, sooo fun..

+1 Also try the intro solo in One. Also learn two finger tappng. It's easy, and it looks and sounds really cool.

edit: When I say it looks cool I mean generally to people who don't play guitar. Most guitarists won't be impressed.
Last edited by guitarnoobie at May 6, 2008,
Quote by guitarnoobie
edit: When I say it looks cool I mean generally to people who don't play guitar. Most guitarists won't be impressed.

Hey, that's why we do it right? Impress the girls!
I would just add to this list:

AC/DC - The Jack. It is really a great solo and gives you a little knowledge of blues soloing.
Guns N Roses - Patience. Very tasteful licks from Slash.
Boston-more than a feeling. Thats a pretty simple solo that is entirely in D major. Thats the solo/song im workin on right now.
system of a down, psycho

it's a sick solo, easy to learn/remember, just kindof difficult (for me) to get the strumming pattern correct
try the seize the day solo by avenged sevenfold, sounds nice and isnt too hard
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by guitarnoobie
+1 Also try the intro solo in One. Also learn two finger tappng. It's easy, and it looks and sounds really cool.

If he learns tapping he could learn the next solo in One that has a small tapping bit...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Dtyrant
If they are how do i go about doing them i dont know if i can do them that fast, how long would they take to learn?
I know im dumb-.-

it depends how long you practice,and if the "quality" of your practice is good.
try to take them slow,then go a little faster once you have it at a slow speed.
Quote by guitarnoobie

Noob Question
Do you use your right hand to tap or just your fretting hand

Oh and try Solo for Tangerine Led Zep or Calufornication by RHCP
right hand for tapping. if you do it with the fretting hand it's just legato.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
I searched lessons and got nothin, so

You fret the note with your right hand and then tap the note with (im guessing middle finger). Right?
Quote by el rulfo
I searched lessons and got nothin, so

You fret the note with your right hand and then tap the note with (im guessing middle finger). Right?

Nope...you fret with your left hand as normal but instead of picking you use your right hand to hammer on higher up the fretboard using notes that are to far away to physically reach by stretching.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Wow, just hammer ons and pull offs with fretting hand?
hehe i never knew they were called 2 finger tapping, I was expecting something a little more technical, although it does gets harder the faster its supposed to be...
In Too Deep by Sum 41
Anything by Nirvana that has a solo
Anything by Green Day that has a solo
Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden
Mama I'm Coming Home by Ozzy
Rock of Ages by Def Leppard
Mississippi Queen by Mountain
Funk #49 by James Gang
Right Side of the Bed by Atreyu

Threw in a bunch of different genres because I'm not sure what you're into playing. Those should get you started though.