I'm lookin to buy a good distortion pedal. Something nice and heavy. These are two model's i am looking at and would like to hear people's views on either. Or, if you have another suggestion for me that would be good. I play metallica, Ac/Dc, system of a down, and stuff like that. Any info on either, good or bad, would be appreciated.
Neither of those are "good"...how much money you got, what guitar and what amp?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Metal Zone is actually a pretty solid pedal for a small practice amp. However, when you get to louder volumes it doesn't sound that great.
Quote by steven seagull
Neither of those are "good"...how much money you got, what guitar and what amp?

i agree... the Boss MT-2 is great! def the one you should go with...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
yah get neither. I have a metal muff and its good as a DS/FZ pedal i really like it over either of those two, very tight and agressive.
I have a Roland Cube 30X and just have a crappy peavey raptor exp plus for now... lookin into gettin a new guitar as well... i was thinkin around 80$ or something.
The Metal Zone Is My Personal Fav
Its A Heavy Chunk Sound More Then A Crunch, If That Makes Since.
I Play Things Like DevilDriver And Lamb Of God And Its Perfect.
I Also Like The Boss Metal Core. I Think That Would Sound Better For Metallica And Stuff Like That.
I Havnt Play The Digitech, The Best Way Is To Go To Guitar Center And Try Em Out, ****n Loud. HAHAHAH.

xX*SIC*Xx
aka
Havok

METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!
Wow It's Really Annoying When You Type Like This

Oh well. To be honest, TS, neither are that great. But I vote the MT-2. Just because it's fun to mess around with.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by joshua029
i agree... the Boss MT-2 is great! def the one you should go with...

*facepalm*

TS, if you've got a Cube then a distortion pedal isn't going to give you anything much better than the onboard models - an EQ pedal would be far more useful.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^what that guy said.
either that or just dont waste your money save up and buy a new guitar no pedal is ganna help out that amp much, not dissing the amp or anything, I got one as well and its great, its just a pedal isnt ganna do much unless its a sustain, delay, or some modulation effect get some thing like that if you feel like you need to spend money other than that save it and keep adding to it.
they bouth suck butt i got the digutech w/a crate gtd 212 amp and all it dose is gives me the same sound and effects as my normal amp if u are useing a crap amp then go for it, it will give u disortion just crappy
EHX metal muff
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by steven seagull
*facepalm*

TS, if you've got a Cube then a distortion pedal isn't going to give you anything much better than the onboard models - an EQ pedal would be far more useful.

He has a Cube?

Damn. I should really read people's posts instead of skimming through
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
both metal-zone and death metal are crap. metal muff and metal core are thicker and better, theyr definetely worth the extra money. if u really want metal distortion, go out and buy a krankenstein. thats all i can say
My Digitech Death Metal gives me a pretty crunchy tone but you can't turn it down and it sounds kind of fake....If you had to get one of those I'd say the MT-2 even though everyone hates it....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
get an eq pedal.

it gives you different sounds... or something like that, I'm not really sure what it does but when i use it and move the sliders around I get better sounds.
EHX Users Guild Member

B52 AT100 & AT412 Cab
Fender MIM Satin Strat
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Memory Man w/ Hazarai
EHX Holy Grail
Dan Electro EQ
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
like I said at first dont get a DS pedal it would be worthless on your amp I guese a EQ would be bettor but like I said save your money until you have enough for a new guitar or amp, if you want to waste your money then go ahead.
Ok ive played on both pedals and if you want a more metal sound id go with the death metal pedal, but for "normal' rock or like 3 days grace, AFI, less "Dark" sound id go with the boss
Anberlin4life
Quote by tomsy49
what will the EQ pedal do for me... ?

It'll give you more control over the "shape" of the sound, plus you'll be able to use it on the models so it's actually useful - a distortion pedal will only really work on the clean channel, but won't sound much different to the onboard distortion so what's the point? The two pedals you're looking at are rubbish anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

sounds good. i'll save my money to put towards a les paul or esp ec-400