Page 1 of 2
Yeah, so I just started at DICK's sporting goods and today was my second day. About 2 hours into my shift, my boss (I think) pulls me to the side and breaks the news to me. He told me not to take it personal and that they have no hours to give. Thats not even the worst part..... I paid $11 for the damn shirt! Well... thats it. Now I have no job again. Back to square one. I dropped out of school, so now I'm just sitting around not knowing what to do with myself.
Dropping out of school was your first mistake.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by clavicle182
I dropped out of school

welcome to the rest of your life.
I have no opinion on this matter.
ask him to be more specific. They can't lay you off after just a day, unless you spunked on the basketballs?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
go back to school
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
Wow man, they fail. Thats really good, for their name, that they would just hire someone and then fire them 2 days after working. You could really make them pay if you wanted to. Spread the word on how crappy they were to you. Thats what I would do. hehe

Will they not refund you the money for the shirt anyway?
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
Quote by Rune Playaz
Wow man, they fail. Thats really good, for their name, that they would just hire someone and then fire them 2 days after working. You could really make them pay if you wanted to. Spread the word on how crappy they were to you. Thats what I would do. hehe

Will they not refund you the money for the shirt anyway?

How were they mistreating him? They didn't have the time slot open.
Imagine how I feel. I've been busting my ass at my job for 6 months, and they've just started cutting me down to 5 or less hours a week. I'm not fired, but I'm forced to find a different job. The main lesson to learn about retail is that 90% of companies don't give you any incentive to work hard.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
^Exact same thing is happening to me. I got 6 hours this week.

Quote by ThePeacefrog
How were they mistreating him? They didn't have the time slot open.
Well they probably should've of known that 2 days ago before they hired him.
Quote by Masamune
^Exact same thing is happening to me. I got 6 hours this week.

Well they probably should've of known that 2 days ago before they hired him.

Tis true.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
ask him to be more specific. They can't lay you off after just a day, unless you spunked on the basketballs?

Exactly.
You can claim unfair dismissal.
Been away, am back
DICKs
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by Logz
Exactly.
not if he wasnt actually hired yet. he could have still been in training. in which case they can kick him to the curb.

im guessing we're missing something here. a high school dropout is a complete failure at life, he probably couldnt handle the job and messed it up somehow.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Thats pretty rough, no I didn't do anything wrong, and yes, I was still in training. He told me it wasn't anything I did. I'm thinking about going back to school, but I'll have to do summer school.
what a bunch of dicks >.>

going back to school would be the right thing to do right now. i'm assuming you dropped out of high school, right?
Sent from my iPad.
Oh, holy **** i forgot.

Rape/surprise sex. All problems solved.

^He's right.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Last edited by floppypick at May 5, 2008,
With a GED I can still go to community college then even transfer out of that to a state school if I wanted to. With my grades I was community college bound anyways. So it doesn't make much of a difference.
Quote by clavicle182
With a GED I can still go to community college then even transfer out of that to a state school if I wanted to. With my grades I was community college bound anyways. So it doesn't make much of a difference.

It doesn't matter which route you take, you're still going back to school either way.
yeah dude you should seriously go back to school. Not finishing high school is one of the worst things an employer would see in someone applying.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
If you go back to school, insist starting with straight A's. It's like in Mario, when you die four times, you're exactly where you were, but you have all your lives back.

..And when they ask why you're not doing your homework, tell them you assignments were only worth 40 points, and if you play Mario, stomp on a Goomba, you get like.. 200 points each time. So, in terms of which would earn you more points, Mario was the better option.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Why would anyone drop out of high school. The graduation requirements at my school are pathetic. Two years of science, two years of math, two years of PE, three years of social studies, and four years of english, and you only need C's to pass each class. Go to school.
Quote by Castlebravo
Why would anyone drop out of high school. The graduation requirements at my school are pathetic. Two years of science, two years of math, two years of PE, three years of social studies, and four years of english, and you only need C's to pass each class. Go to school.

Because you're not allowed to smoke in class.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
If you go back to school, insist starting with straight A's. It's like in Mario, when you die four times, you're exactly where you were, but you have all your lives back.

..And when they ask why you're not doing your homework, tell them you assignments were only worth 40 points, and if you play Mario, stomp on a Goomba, you get like.. 200 points each time. So, in terms of which would earn you more points, Mario was the better option.

+1

Don't be an idiot TS. It's Mario. Ask your prof how many princesses they have saved. I'll bet it's not as many as Mario.
Quote by Castlebravo

Mine rock even harder, because it is just D's to pass.

I still fail at school though, it just isn't for some people. I don't like to do busy work of things I don't want to learn. Hell, the majority of class I am listening to music or sleeping, except in classes with interesting subjects. Math past geometry and algebra is like hell for me.

I'm off to college soon though, and I have decent connections and random winnings in agriculture/botany. Even with ****ty grades, worst I have to do is go to community college for a little while.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
That's counted as laying off, and he should give you termination pay (equivalent to two weeks pay) and give you 11 dollars for the shirt, because you don't have to pay for uniforms. In BC, Canada, anyways. I don't know if it's the same where you are. Go to the labor board and see what they're allowed to do, be as much of a dick as possible, if he's gonna be a jerkoff like that.

EDIT: Damn I got raped, Dirk posted right after I did, so listen to the post below me, not me.
Last edited by st.stephen at May 6, 2008,
Quote by Logz
Exactly.

In the US, you can be fired for any or no reason at any time unless it's for a legally-prohibited reason, such as sex, race, religion, or you have an employment contract.

As far as the shirt, you can get the money back on your taxes next year.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
In the US, you can be fired for any or no reason at any time unless it's for a legally-prohibited reason, such as sex, race, religion, or you have an employment contract.

As far as the shirt, you can get the money back on your taxes next year.

I know a guy who had the same thing happen to him, and he got unemployment. Either that, or he was making things up.. You're the lawyer, so I'm assuming he was making things up.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 2