So last year, I was academically dismissed from the university I was attending for poor grades on the Spring semester. The university being SUNY Delhi.

Now I'm filling out the form for re-admission following academic dismissal and need a little help. There is a section where it asks the reason for my poor academic performance and am wondering what to put down.

Now here is the real reason, whether you guys care to believe it or not. On my second year at the school, the fall semester was going fine, until towards the end of it where my grandmother fell ill with cancer and was hospitalized and such. I was able to visit her and see her through out the winter vacation, and it just hurt to see her like that.

So going into the Spring semester it was hard leaving my family behind and such in such hard times, especially with my mother being emotional over it, being her mother, and having a hard time at work over it since they also worked at the same place. So I then heard near the beginning of the Spring semester that my grandmother wasn't going to exactly make it, which made it hard for me being 4 hours away from family, and only having the weekends to go visit. (This is the grandmother I would always visit, and stay weekends there as a child and such, the one that always bought me stuff, I had a close bond with her) So it affected me in school, I barely went to class, I did horrible grade wise and everything annoyed me. Then I lost her, and lost her while I was at school, and wasn't even able to go back for the funeral or anything.

Anyway I think you guys get the point and are bored with my story now. Just need help figuring what else to incorporate into the reason for poor academic performance because I don't think they will care too much of this reasoning for some reason. Thanks for the help. For where it says reason returning I am simply going to put down I have a semester or 2 left of work that I want to return to finish and earn my diploma, but I should probably put more for that as well. Helpp

Edit- Wow this came out to alot of words ... hopefully people take time to read and help atleast haha.
Also sorry about all these threads bout nothing but school lately, its all thats been bugging me recently.
Well good sir, although you may not have anything else to say than that, it is quite a story. You would be surprised what a university would accept, I would just tell them the truth of the matter and throw yourself at their mercy. Just make it sound good, that is the important part. As long as you can construct a decent essay you should be able to be let back in.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Well good sir, although you may not have anything else to say than that, it is quite a story. You would be surprised what a university would accept, I would just tell them the truth of the matter and throw yourself at their mercy. Just make it sound good, that is the important part. As long as you can construct a decent essay you should be able to be let back in.

Indeed, on the paper to fill out they give me only a few lines, what I was thinking of doing was typing up a short one page essay explaining all of this and sending that in instead of just a few lines that won't do much convincing I think.
I agree, i think that writing a short essay would be better. Them seeing that instead of some half assed few lines of type would be much better.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
I agree, i think that writing a short essay would be better. Them seeing that instead of some half assed few lines of type would be much better.

Indeed, and my advisor, who was also one of my professors, knew about the loss of my grandmother, and could tell since it happened I started missing a lot more classes, but then again she also never really helped out when I sent her e-mails to see what I missed, and was never in her office either
Yeah, I think they'd feel pretty bad if they read that and didn't acknowledge it, don't you think?
write you had a death in the family and justify that it had a negative effect on your grades with reasons and examples. another thing that might be possible is to get a letter from one of your teaches that says something along the lines of:

"(your name) has been a consistently good student but following a death in his family his grades have slipped, I would hate to see him not get into your school due to this because I am confident in his abilities and believe that his low marks are strictly circumstantial...".

good luck getting in.
come down to mumabi..the colleges here r better.....
i would have given them an honest answer if u dont wanna come here :S
Quote by Clownmite
Honesty is the best policy?

QFT
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?