Page 1 of 3
You say that as if it's an easy song. It's fairly difficult, although I'm not a bassist and wouldn't know. As for me, I'd say I'm decent, getting myself up there.
I think I suck too.
I feel so much better every day/week/month that passes by, but still... I think I suck, even though all my friends/relatives/everyone who knows me thinks I'm awesome n' **** I still think I suck.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i hate myself on all levels except my guitar playing ability. on that im pretty decent.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I'm pretty insane...

...for a rhythm guitarist...

EDIT: But I AM the best rhythm guitarist in my school. Statistically proven.
Sorcer - Symphonic Death Metal

Ibanez Iceman ICX220DX, Line 6 Spider III 150W, Roland E-09, Meinl Doumbek, Shure PG48, Rode NT1-A, Behringer Xenyx 502
Last edited by metalanarchist at May 5, 2008,
Quote by Hultan
I think I suck too.
I feel so much better every day/week/month that passes by, but still... I think I suck, even though all my friends/relatives/everyone who knows me thinks I'm awesome n' **** I still think I suck.

Pretty much the same for me.
I dunno. Compared to people at my school, I think I'm quite accomplished. But I also think I have much to improve upon.

Maybe a 4 or a 5 out of 10.
I have sooo much to work on, and I'm quite sloppy in alot of things.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i think im good. i can play bodom stuff. lol
took me 5 miuns to learn dying in your arms by trivium. but its easy lol
Quote by zeppelin42
I think I suck.

I can't even play 'Anesthesia--Pulling Teeth'

I've been playing since 04 and i can't. mostly because i can't actually be arsed learning it anymore since I don't listen to metallica now!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Hultan
I think I suck too.

I think you summed it up for me.

And I suppose Anesthesia is pretty tough....

Although I lied. I can play it flawlessly in all but 1 or 2 parts....
i think i kinda suck, even though i'm actually decent, but am getting better

i'm a fair bit better than most guitarists in my school though
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
I'm decent, I'd put myself as like an intermediate lead player and maybe an above average rhythm player.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I thought I sucked.
Then I heard what other bassists my age are like.
Then I realized that I rock.
Then I watched a jazz bassist and realized that I have a long way to go...
idk
for piano and trumpet
i know a bunch of musical terms
and i knoiw how to sight read

but for guitar idk?
i like to improvise on the blues scale and what not
and i know quite a couple of chords
but i think i still need to work a lot on theory
i suck.
but I improve by .000000000000000000000000000000000000000014% daily.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i know theory and stuff but i suck at improv and sweeps
4/10
" i saw these 2 girls kiss and i i got all horny and stuff"
Just under 2 years playing guitar, I've just about got 3 string sweeps down.

You tell me?
Quote by zeppelin42
I think I suck.

I can't even play 'Anesthesia--Pulling Teeth'

Actually was hard for me to get down perfectly. As for me now that I've just seen Billy Sheehan I'd be like a 3.
Average. Just need to know more theory, so i don't just wank up and down the neck making crappy solos, and improve my technique.
It's gonna be a blue day
compared to the kids at my school, im the baddest thing since santa claus. But theres only about maybe 3 or 4 guitarists and they suck. bad. so on a scale from 1 to 10...4/10.
My reflection
Dirty mirror
There's no connection
To myself
I'm your lover
I'm your zero
Im the face in your dreams of glass
Worse then probably anyone on here...

Saxophone I was pretty good at though...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Decent, not very good.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
I was playing a bass in a store, just testing it out, and a black guy came up to me and told me I played like his brother, apparently a mad funk bassist.
I was quite flattered. Never really thought I played enough to be anything more than decent.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Well, I don't think I'm good at all. I've been playing a year and a lot of people I talk to say I'm really good for only a year but I don't know if they mean it or if they're just trying to make me feel good On a scale of 1 - 10 though, I'd say a 4? Whenever someone asks me how good I am I just say "I'm not bad" or "Decent.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I think I'm a fairly competent songwriter, have a lot of good musical ideas, know a lot more about gear than most other musicians I know, and have the 3rd best tone of any guitarist that I personally know. If there's one department in which I'm really lacking, it's my technique.

If I had to assign myself to a percentile compared to other guitarists, I'd put myself around the 85th-90th percentile.
I don't rate myself as a player. I can't say I'm good and I can't say I'm bad. Everyone's idea of "good" and "bad" is different so I leave that for others to decide. If they like the way I play then great, if they don't then that's fine too.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Im mediocre... Im an OK singer but as far as guitar playing... wooph. The hardest song I can play is Snow by RHCP up to speed.

Im still having some trouble learning different scales and my way around the neck too. All I have down are the basic pentatonics and the blues scale and some arpeggios.
As an overall musician, i'd probably rate myself as a 6. I play a range of instruments such as guitar, bass, piano, baritone and i'm currently learning drums. Although on guitar i'd say 4.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
i can tremolo pick really fast. my fretting hand though, is terrible.
i can be really creative. with the way i play. mostly chords, but i use it as a lead in some ways.
i also experiment with a lot of alternate tunings.
Page 1 of 3