Would a krank jr speaker b good for at home playing. I was planning on getting two of them.

and they will probable be driven by either my mini cube which sucks or a epiphone mini thing with only one knob i cant remember name of.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Krank-Rev-Jr--1x12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-481419-i1177237.gc
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)
Last edited by natetagnar at May 5, 2008,
i would have to say those are a little outa my price range. i was really wanting two so i could suround myself with sound.
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
are they? i thought the 1x12s you linked were a couple hundreed each.

i think it's a mistake.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ya i thought the lowest i saw was 300 a piece. i didnt look all over the site just that first page. i was mostly wanting to know if kranks were a good brand speaker. and thanks so much for you help jj1565.
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
i dont even see the speaker, or wood joint types.

i dont know man. ive got a couple of 1x12s and an epi jr amp. i mean i liked using them apart like that, but i wouldnt mind an avatar.

small encasement is still small.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i am going to usually play in my church and they r would b miked. and i play metal to to mix it up in church. can these deliver a good punch?
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
i dont know, you'd have to look on kranks website. i dont see any info on those speakers at all.

honestly, i just dont see this as a good idea.

i would rather have an excellent randall combo, or a peavey tube amp.

that's just me.
look up the cabs specs on the web site, but remember, it very much depends on your amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Krank actually makes some very decent cabs. Solid wood, good construction, no ply or particle board, and the speakers are Eminence V12 Legend in the Rev cabs. Very good speaker. That said, I would listen to JJ. They can only work with what's powering them.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i want to get something good to drive it but my money is limited so what would you guys sugest?
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
Yup, I finally had a chance to try a Rev Jr cab the other day and it's a great little cab. For the price it beats all other 1x12s imo. That being said, I think you should go with a 2x12 if all you plan on doing is using 2 at once to "surround you," if that's what you want, plug your guitar into a stereo or something, there's your surround sound.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i was wanting to b able to work some neat echo effects in and that sorta thing for the two speakers. ill probably end up running two amps one in each speaker do get a neat sound.
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
but you're spending $400 and you dont even have a good amp.

if you want to do that effect, why dont you just buy a really nice tube combo, and a A/B y box.

hook up to ur cube and to the new amp at once and click back and forth for effects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

The Avatar Traditional 1x12 cabs are $199 plus shipping, but personally I favor the Krank as Avatar doesn't offer Eminence speakers anymore. I think something you should consider is just getting a Rev Jr stack, it's a better and more versatile amp than it often gets credit for (blame that on the fact that Krank makes it). It has a very musical clean channel and enough room in the dirty channel to go from dirty blues to metal. That and it takes to pedals quite well.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I was really thinking bout getting the rev jr stack. ya i use pedals alot so im really thinging about it.
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ