Hey guys, this is gonna sound kinda dumb, but here goes:
I have this Epiphone LP-100, almost the cheapest LP you can buy, and I have since purchased two more (higher quality) guitars, and I need to do something with the LP. I could sell it, but I don't wanna get rid of my first guitar ever, and I'm too embarrassed to take it on stage, SO... I was wondering if it would be reasonable to do a Gibson conversion. It is pure mahogany, so I figure if I sand the slightly carved top flat, I can get a carved maple top to put on, along with some binding and a new Gibson neck. I was wondering if anyone knows the following:

Will this work?
Where can I find JUST the carved maple top (I've checked Warmoth)?
What kind of tools might I need? (I am indeed a beginner, and have a very small arsenal of tools)

Thanks guys!
it'll cost more than the guitar to do all that. I wouldn't bother. just appreciate it for what it is
replace the pickups with some different sounding ones than your other guitars have, get some nice seymour duncans or dimarzios
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
my 1st guitar was a epi LP 100 and it sounded amazing. i would keep it for what it is and just rock the s**t out of it. dont be embarrassed let your playing do all the talking. if you melt faces then who cares what kind of gear you use to do it.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
you wont be able to make it EXACTLY like a gibson but you could make improvements to it... if i were you i'd change the pick ups, maybe put some better tuners on, perhaps strip the paint on the finish and putsome clapton-esque pyschadelic design on it. If the neck was really really bad i'd consider sanding it but i'd want a proffesional to do it.

If you've got alot of time and money i say go for it. Plus if it goes wrong, its not the end of the world, and you have some spare parts
I say put some better electronics in it. Maybe sand/repaint it.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by Opethfan1
my 1st guitar was a epi LP 100 and it sounded amazing. i would keep it for what it is and just rock the s**t out of it. dont be embarrassed let your playing do all the talking. if you melt faces then who cares what kind of gear you use to do it.

Nice! And as somebody else posted, upgrade tthe electronics and install better PUs + get a pro set-up if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

It's amazing what a nice set-up can reveal.