alright so here is the deal. i was walking by my amp (a vox ad30vt) and my catches the cable. i trip but more importantly i hear a violent rip and it turns out that the input jack fell into my amp and the thing that holds it on top it still intact. so what i want to do is open up the whole amp and reattach everything. the thing is i dont if it will work properly after that because it is damaged pretty bad. so i was also considering bringing to GC to see if they could fix it or replace it. so what should i do? have GC fix it or fix it myself?
Same thing happend to mine, the input jack is attached really poorly on those amps. Take the back panel off and find the input jack, push it up in there and put some super glue on the threads of the little plastic nut/bolt/whatever the hell it's called that comes with it and screw it on, won't fall out anymore.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
actually i was wondering how to take the back panel off because i took all the screws from the back off and still couldnt take it off. do i have to take every single screw off or what?
Yes, you have to take off all the screws, the whole back panel is one piece of wood.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Same thing happened to my Spider. Cost me around 65 bucks to repair it at a music shop...
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Cynoxx
Same thing happened to my Spider. Cost me around 65 bucks to repair it at a music shop...

Wow, that's a lot, all you'd have to do if it's really broken is buy an input which costs like 3 bucks, cut off the old one and solder on the new one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com