Two questions: what's their best album?
The second is about the song 'the perfect drug'. The last part ("without you, without you everything falls apart") is really cool, like the rest of the song. Are there any other Nine Inch Nails songs that sound like this part? Are there any other bands that sound like this?
Wrong forum, but for their best album, I'd go for "the downward spiral", the "broken" EP, or "Year Zero". "The Fragile" kinda has similar lyrics to the end of TPD ("I won't let you fall apart").
Yeah, I like stabbing westward. I'm listening to them now, in fact. I guess I'm looking for more softer, sadder songs (although I do like other stuff, too).
this should probably be moved, but whatever. If you like the change of tempo you would probably like The Fragile. Its a double album so its harder to get into, but its well worth it.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
If you want sadder songs... Well, as weird as this is, check out Bjork's cd Homogenic. It's very atmospheric and eerie. I think that's something you'd be interested in, right? I warn you, though. It's quite hard to listen to at first. But if you're like me, it grows on you.
My favourite album by Nine Inch Nails has to With Teeth.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Yeah, sorry about putting this in the wrong thread. I just wasn't sure which one it would go in.
I will listen to the Fragile, and I'm listening to the Bjork one right now. It's different, but definitely moody. Thanks mask of sanity.
What're the Fragile like? I thought they were one of those new 'teenie bopper' bands, but I might've been thinking of the Fray or something else.
Quote by FOCOrock
Yeah, sorry about putting this in the wrong thread. I just wasn't sure which one it would go in.
I will listen to the Fragile, and I'm listening to the Bjork one right now. It's different, but definitely moody. Thanks mask of sanity.
What're the Fragile like? I thought they were one of those new 'teenie bopper' bands, but I might've been thinking of the Fray or something else.

The Fragile's a Nine Inch Nails double disc.
And it's worth getting.
Quote by guylee
definately NOT the newest one

let's just say there's a reason it's free

Yeah, is it even worth dowloading for free? It does sound kind of fishy...
Quote by guylee
definately NOT the newest one

let's just say there's a reason it's free

/disagree
My favorite's the Downward Spiral.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Listen to the song "Right where it belongs" (From 'with teeth", though I don't really reccomend that album, since I bought it and would've somewhat regretted it if it weren't for that song). Some of the deepest lyrics I've heard, kinda makes you question your own existance.
im a huge NIN fan and imo there is no band that sounds close to what Trent has done, but stabbing westward is ur next in line. and as for best album, i would have to say the pretty hate machine
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by FOCOrock
Yeah, is it even worth dowloading for free? It does sound kind of fishy...

actually let me backpedal a little here...i think it's great if you like that electronic sound, i just don't really like it. If you're looking more for the techno thing, then i think it will suit you nicely. just be ready for some pretty corny drum effects
Nine Inch Nails hates money and money makes the world go round. Therefore Nine Inch Nails hates the world!!!

Jk im Dling their new albulm right now lol~
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by James_Water2
Nine Inch Nails hates money and money makes the world go round. Therefore Nine Inch Nails hates the world!!!

Jk im Dling their new albulm right now lol~

I've liked the last two. And trent seems more concerned about people hearing his music then profits, which i like.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
The Downward Spiral is fantastic.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.