How does everyone else deal with wanting to try equipment not carried by major stores? Maybe the mom and pop stores around me just suck.
I don't like Mom and Pop shops, I feel like they are staring me down whenever I try something out.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
If you're really interested in a certain piece of gear. Especially one thats $1500+ I would be willing to drive around to make SURE I liked it before I bought it.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by The Master Plan
I don't like Mom and Pop shops, I feel like they are staring me down whenever I try something out.

lol, i know the feeling exactly
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Yeah Mom and Pop stores are odd sometimes...the one here doesn't let us touch the Gibsons without assistance. I wonder why this is...? They also have a vendetta against Fender and refuse to order any Fender-affiliated stuff. I'll only go there now to get strings or picks...my main business is to L&M.
I order it from an online shop. If I don't like it/ something is wrong, then I return it.
Our local Mesa dealer NEVER has anything in stock. And I mean ANYTHING. They're just a waste of space. If they'd just die, our GC would probably start dealing Mesas.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by The Master Plan

They always favor the blues/folk/maybe mayyybbbeee early rock types and look down on anyone else. Witch is understandable, and that stuff rules. I'll jam on a strat all day long with no problem. But sometimes a nigga likes to play something different.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Yeah Mom and Pop stores are odd sometimes...the one here doesn't let us touch the Gibsons without assistance. I wonder why this is...? They also have a vendetta against Fender and refuse to order any Fender-affiliated stuff. I'll only go there now to get strings or picks...my main business is to L&M.

they dont let you touch the gibsons because, unlike at the big stores, if someone hurts the guitar, they lose alot of money. one guitar is a very large percentage of their profit when you consider the few things they have. when guitar center has millions of thing and its all over the country. they can just write it off. also, they are probably just not a fender dealer. not anyone can jsut start selling new fender products, you have to be an authorized dealer.

mom and pop stores are great when you get to know the owners. they will treat you better than GC, to them your just another customer.
^I'm great friends with the entire staff at my GC especially guitar and accessories.

And yes travel to the factory if you have to but try anything you get before you buy. hell i went to aus. to try out an amp i think you can drive a couple miles
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at May 6, 2008,
I travel. I had to travel out of state just to look at a Ibanez Prestige, cause nobody around me had it. I also had to travel out of state to look at my Amp.

Like Doodleface said. You should make sure it is what you want, if it is expensive.
Quote by kiennM
They always favor the blues/folk/maybe mayyybbbeee early rock types and look down on anyone else. Witch is understandable, and that stuff rules. I'll jam on a strat all day long with no problem. But sometimes a nigga likes to play something different.

Well when I try out gear I usually play blues/jazz/funk type stuff, but it seems that they are over protective of their gear, I can understand but GC is usually not like that.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
The shop by me used to be really cool, until the owner retired and his grandson took over. Now you're not allowed to play ANYTHING in the store unless you're really interested in buying it and the people in there are less helpful then Guitar Center. Not to mention the best amp they carry is the Spider Valve and Bugera 6262 now -.-
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I can relate to that feeling too. I went to try an amp at a music store and with the volume set at 2 a lady tap on my shoulder and told me that I had to turn it down, that it was too loud. Left the store and not going back again.