I need something to record ideas with my friend. Right now im choosing between this and the Zoom H4. I like the BR600 though, will the mic be able to record a good voice with its built in mics. Are the H4 mics better? I just need decent quality to discuss ideas with my band, record and see how it sounds.
Also consider the new Zoom H2 which us lower in price, probably due to the lack of those great XLR inputs on the bottom...

Ive never used any of these products though so I cant say how the mics are on them all...
if you need it just for rough drafts, ideas, or open jams.. i'm betting it'll do just fine. they'r elike integrated condenser mics.. (cheap ones)

you'll still want to get a decent mic if you're gonna do anything serious tho..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I've got the BR600, and the built in mics are killer. When I record my electric, I just go direct, but for acoustic and drums, I was really blown away by the quality. If you want to check out some stuff I've done w/ it, you can go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HNNu8x_ulA but that's really crappy quality. A better version is availible on iTunes, just search for "Inspected By 19". I did all the acoustic and drums with the built in mics.
I only checked the youtube audio out but it sounds fair, being that the mics are not in their proper place the cymbals are a little low in volume but it sounds fair.

As said, for ideas, I'm sure the on board mics on this MTR will work just fine but it's always nice to have a good quality external on hand...
the br600 internal mics are the outstanding considering the price and the rest of the features on the unit . they even work for recording vocals if you put it on a shelf or something head-level.

plus it has built in metronome/arragner/drum programmer that helps your recording skills drastically with practice. and if an amp goes out you can plug right into it, it has great built-in modelling effects for guitar and bass, including a surprisingly realistic acoustic simulator.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
So it can do a decent job for recording without using external mics?

Im liking the fact it has the drum machine built in, and that it can make the guitar sound like a bass guitar. Cause this way I can get together with the singer, who helps me most in writing the music. And we can compose the entire song
Quote by nyandres
So it can do a decent job for recording without using external mics?

Im liking the fact it has the drum machine built in, and that it can make the guitar sound like a bass guitar. Cause this way I can get together with the singer, who helps me most in writing the music. And we can compose the entire song

all of the songs on my page are just me, the br600, and my guitar (i got a tube preamp to warm up the production)

i like having the power of a complete band to myself, because creativity doesn't conflict with other band members that way. the br600 can also be loads of fun:

http://www.myspace.com/dankpants

and its a great tool for practicing with its rhythm arranger and phrase trainer features.

in the long run, its much better than the Zoom considering the small price gap between the 2 yet the enormous quality/value gap.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by jakekilgore666
Quote by SeanHart213
all of the songs on my page are just me, the br600, and my guitar (i got a tube preamp to warm up the production)

i like having the power of a complete band to myself, because creativity doesn't conflict with other band members that way. the br600 can also be loads of fun:

http://www.myspace.com/dankpants

and its a great tool for practicing with its rhythm arranger and phrase trainer features.

in the long run, its much better than the Zoom considering the small price gap between the 2 yet the enormous quality/value gap.

Wow are the vocals done with the built in mics?
Are the instruments recorded from the amps sound, or plugged in?
The drum beats... Is it done with the built in drumpads?

Im asking because it all sounds pretty cool
Im going to guess he just plugged a cable from his guitar to the recorder. The 600 has amp amp modeling IIRC.

Id say try the 600 yourself, If you dont like it you can always sell or return it. It's a nice unit.
Quote by nyandres
Wow are the vocals done with the built in mics?
Are the instruments recorded from the amps sound, or plugged in?
The drum beats... Is it done with the built in drumpads?

Im asking because it all sounds pretty cool

like i said, its just the guitar and the BR600

i used the Boss's modelling effects rather than my amp (my room is too cluttered to mic an amp) and the drums were programmed on the BR600

the vocals on all of the songs except "Universe" were done with the built in mics.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by jakekilgore666