Making a post for my friend...

Looking for a V-shaped guitar, and need these specs:
- Floating trem (OFR preferred...but willing to compromise if it's a good LFR)
- Need neck and bridge pickups...He likes to use the neck pickup for cleans.
- 24 frets

As as aesthetics go...

- Prefer if it had no pickguard
- black or flat black finish

This is for metal.
What's the price range? He could make a custom at www.ranguitars.com or if he really wanted to he could get an ESP custom, which is probably more than anyone wants to spend but they are truly epic.

He could also get an Agile Reaper, just send customer service the exact specs you want plus the base guitar and he can usually give you a pretty accurate price, if you're serious about buying then Kurt will give you the exact price.

I know Agile has a return policy (not sure on customs tho) but ESP and Ran I have no idea.
Then the ESP / Ran custom shop probably won't work. Ran MIGHT, but I doubt it. Have him run a price check JIC.

Maybe try carvin? With his budget I think that the agile is the best way to go.

Or maybe wait for the Jackson RR5 that's supposed to be coming out with a trem, I was going to suggest the RR24 even though it's a tad over the price range but installing another pickup would be tough... You could always just have a bridge and coil tap it, but idk if he would be into that.
I heard that the dean flying v is pretty good for the price. BUT I've never played a flying v in my life and probably never will.
I like the Dean Razorback V, looks awesome and sounds pretty good (unfortunately never played it -_- )
Look into importing an Edwards E-RV-148. Look around ebay for them, or hit up guitarjapan.com with an email about it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Wait for the Jackson Demmelition to come out. It meets all the stated requirements.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
The Dean Razorback Vs play really nicely but have an LFR.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by 1010011010
Jackson KV2.
Might be a little over his price range though, but it meets all the requirements.

Yeah, it's double his range, but he likes it a lot! Might just have to save.

One concern, on my part, though...It lists (on both MF and the Jackson website) the pickups as a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge AND neck. That can't be right, can it? There's no JB neck model, and it's way too hot for the neck position. How can I ask Jackson about this? Couldn't find an email on their website.
It probably means a JB/Jazz or JB/59 set, those are pretty much the standard sets of SD's that come on guitars from the factory. And both are excellent sets in my opinion.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
^Yeah, I think it's the way to go, personally. If I wanted a V with a trem, that would be it. But he likes the look of the Jackson much more.

Quote by 1fine69
It probably means a JB/Jazz or JB/59 set, those are pretty much the standard sets of SD's that come on guitars from the factory. And both are excellent sets in my opinion.

They're okay sets. I'm not a fan of the JB, personally.

And I figured it'd be that, but I'd like to make sure. Pretty big typo to make, IMO.
whats with this world how about the GIBSON V?! maybe the original would be a good choice.
you can get the faded for just 700$ or the 3 pickup model for 830$, I mean if that not metal enough you could use the extra cash for upgrades make it really play well. But hey this is only my advise you would have to go see for your self just check out a whole bunch of different V's and choose one.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Faded-Flying-V-517336-i1393497.gc
haven't got a link to hand, but have a look at the BC rich Draco. Now thats a V that simply SCREAMS metal!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Chica
whats with this world how about the GIBSON V?! maybe the original would be a good choice.
you can get the faded for just 700$ or the 3 pickup model for 830$, I mean if that not metal enough you could use the extra cash for upgrades make it really play well. But hey this is only my advise you would have to go see for your self just check out a whole bunch of different V's and choose one.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Faded-Flying-V-517336-i1393497.gc

Maybe you suggesting something in his specs would be helpful? Seriously, if you're going to be an elitist then fine, but be a smart one.

$700 for a guitar he'll have to upgrade
$200 for pickups
$200 for a FR, then plus even more for installation
_____
$1,100 AT LEAST

God, you're an idiot.
Quote by edusty2010
Maybe you suggesting something in his specs would be helpful? Seriously, if you're going to be an elitist then fine, but be a smart one.

$700 for a guitar he'll have to upgrade
$200 for pickups
$200 for a FR, then plus even more for installation
_____
$1,100 AT LEAST

God, you're an idiot.

Sry to be honest I didn't even read the specs I just skipped to the second page thought he just wanted a decent V.
Ok, sorry I came off like a major ass, I guess I just thought you were being an elitist, and when someone asks for opinions that kind of defeats the purpose, because everyone is going to say oh get x, when they should be saying ok, if you want this... Then x, y, and z fit what you want, here are some (dis)advantages of each

Peace?
Quote by edusty2010
Ok, sorry I came off like a major ass, I guess I just thought you were being an elitist, and when someone asks for opinions that kind of defeats the purpose, because everyone is going to say oh get x, when they should be saying ok, if you want this... Then x, y, and z fit what you want, here are some (dis)advantages of each

Peace?

ye a I get you man it's cool
Its a good axe, but i personally dislike the huge bolt-on heel and the fact that it only has 22 frets.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30