so are they anything like the mark iv?

anyone want to give me a review of what it can do?

i found one that seems cheap, and i want to know what they usually go for.

thanks for the help

edit: by the way, it has no graphic eq. i heard that mark III - g.e.q. =

is that true? lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at May 6, 2008,
so they can do decent cleans + a lamb of god/devil wears prada/between the buried and me style tone?

by the way, how is the avatar with the mesa. im thinkin of getting one
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^
Yes. Well definitely the metal part, and I'm sure it can do decent cleans.
so what do they usually go for? is 650 a good/great price?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
so they can do decent cleans + a lamb of god/devil wears prada/between the buried and me style tone?

by the way, how is the avatar with the mesa. im thinkin of getting one

The avatar kicks ass. Its still in perfect shape after being gigged on a bunch, tight bass response, the mids are good with the v30s. Although I've heard cl80s are really good with mark iv's.
what if it doesnt have the eq?

i could buy an eq later lol. i know the eq on the amp is supposed to be amazing, but this one is waaaaaaay cheaper than any other i can find and it doesnt have it

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
sorry for the bump, but i dont have much time to decide on this thing lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
it's a pretty good price for one. get it, and you probably won't be disappointed. then if you see another one pop up with an eq and a good price, you could always hop on that one if it's worth it.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yes thats a great deal, buy it and if u dont like it, put it on ebay and get all ur money back
yeah, seems worth more than 650. However, it's a different animal without the GEQ. Adding an external EQ to your loop or in front of the amp isn't the same thing, the GEQ on the Mark III/IV is in the tone stack.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i see people saying MAKE SURE IT HAS AN EQ!!! on a bunch of sites

what makes the eq so good that buying an eq pedal wouldnt work just as good?

edit: lol you posted while i was typing. anyway, i think im gonna just go for it. im sure i could sell it back for around the same price anyway. im waiting for the guy to email me back right now. thanks for the help guys!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.....lol

crap now someone else is gonna take it. quick! hide it!

*hides link behind pics of lolcats*

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣