What would be a good interface and mic for recording vocals, acoustic guitar and maybe some hand percussion (djembe, dumbek, maraca, etc). I already have a Shure SM-58 which I like for vocals but it just doesn't do the guitar justice. I guess basically what I'm asking for is an interface with a few XLR inputs and a good mic for acoustic guitar for around $400-$500.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Do you currently have an interface? A good idea may be to get a microphone preamp to add inputs if you have an existing one.

As for good acoustic recording...perhaps the Samson CO2 matched pair or Rode NT1...it depends on the sound you want.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
My Studio Projects B1 condenser gets a nice sound for acoustic. I'd recommend that, and I wouldn't have thought it would have trouble capturing some hand held percussion either. I plan to use it for that in the near future, so I'll see how it goes.
There is poetry in despair.