so i loved the few episodes of Lost that i saw but after missing a couple episodes i was already confused and gave up on it a long time ago. but of friend of a friend of a friend has passed it down to us that Lost and the movie Cloverfield are connected if you follow up closely enough on the series. is this true? and if so is it actually worth catching up on that much Lost in order to find out?
empty the bullets from the chamber
I watch lost weekly, by far the best TV show on now.

I would help, but I never saw cloverfield.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I doubt it, though being the same director (one of them anyway.. or both? i don't know cloverfield too well.) there's probably similarites. The chance of a canon connection is unlikely though.
all of the directors work is supposedly connected. my mom is a lost ADDICT, so she knows all about this stuff.

apparently thats true. there is connections.
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

i havent seen cloverfield yet, but as complicated as lost can get somehow i doubt it.

and also it really sucks for the people who stopped following lost. i started to lose interest a little in season 3 but that flashforward finale just made me like it more than i ever did. this new season has been really ausume. they have an end date now which i think has helped the show.

either way though, its definetly worth catching up on. pretty much every episode this season has answered questions. its gets really intense and action packed sometimes, especially episodes like the constant and the shape of things to come.

plus every single episode is on abc.com to watch for free, so why wouldnt you want to catch up?
Quote by alliwant
OK, I made a bet witht his guy I know, and I lost...I now have to swallow my own man juice...is there any risk like could I get any diseases from doing this? I'm a virgin so I have no STDs...I don't think...

Answers quickly please!

J J Abrams is wierd and rambling, so I wouldn't doubt it. He reminds me of a lil ol mole who doesn't know ****.
Seen every episode of Lost and I've seen Cloverfield. There's no connection...except...

At the end of the theatrical version(strangely not in my DVD version) there's this screen:

That would be the Dharma Initiative logo in the corner.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Strangely enough I just watched Cloverfield and came on here afterword. My friend told me this movie was awesome, I watched it and thought it was the worst movie I've seen all year (and I watched Kraken: Tentacles Of The Deep on SciFi). It seems like whoever thought it up said "let's remake Godzilla with a handycam", so ****ing original, ripping off classic monster movies and throwing in everything that made The Blair Witch Project a steaming cinematic turd.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Last edited by Rancid_Punk at May 6, 2008,
Just wait 'til they get the characters from Friends involved!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
you know every episode of the show is online in HD for free, right? theres no reason to not know everything about every season of lost.

and i dont think theres an actual connection.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Rancid_Punk
Strangely enough I just watched Cloverfield and came on here afterword. My friend told me this movie was awesome, I watched it and thought it was the worst movie I've seen all year (and I watched Kraken: Tentacles Of The Deep on SciFi). It seems like whoever thought it up said "let's remake Godzilla with a handycam", so ****ing original, ripping off classic monster movies and throwing in everything that made The Blair Witch Project a steaming cinematic turd.

Thats why we don't let you make movies. Anyways Abrams is the Producer of both not director. Next I thought the film was pretty good. Heres the deal the reason the movie is the way it is, is because it was suppose to leave you with questions. That way if Abrams was to make a sequel (which I am pretty sure he is) people will go out and see it, because they think they will have their questions answered. See its called a story you that thing that usually interest people to look into. Anyways I remember a little low budget movie that did the same thing, and people loved it. What was it called, oh yeah STAR WARS! Thats right. Yeah I remember how those movies always left questions and how people even talked sh*t about them (Ewoks, Jar Jar, Love Story, Hayden Christensen) and what happened you all went out and saw them and bought the merchandise, and made George Lucas rich. So in other words, quit your bitching, stop hating, and it doesn't really matter cause you're going to go see the sequel when it comes out anyways.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Quote by Shaggy92
Thats why we don't let you make movies. Anyways Abrams is the Producer of both not director. Next I thought the film was pretty good. Heres the deal the reason the movie is the way it is, is because it was suppose to leave you with questions. That way if Abrams was to make a sequel (which I am pretty sure he is) people will go out and see it, because they think they will have their questions answered. See its called a story you that thing that usually interest people to look into. Anyways I remember a little low budget movie that did the same thing, and people loved it. What was it called, oh yeah STAR WARS! Thats right. Yeah I remember how those movies always left questions and how people even talked sh*t about them (Ewoks, Jar Jar, Love Story, Hayden Christensen) and what happened you all went out and saw them and bought the merchandise, and made George Lucas rich. So in other words, quit your bitching, stop hating, and it doesn't really matter cause you're going to go see the sequel when it comes out anyways.

He didn't hate on the movie for it leaving questions, he didn't like the camera style that was chosen. He does have his own opinion, and his own points for why he didn't like it. While they're wrong, and it's okay that they are, that's the way things are. messin with you, love ya RP
Quote by Shaggy92
My first thoughts are "ENGLISH MOTHER****ER, DO YOU READ IT?" what you said means nothing in response to my post
1. I never said anything about Abram's involvement in either film in my post, I personally don't give a flying rat's head who directed or produced this.
2. I never complained about any unanswered aspects of the film, hell I'm generally all for leaving things up to the audience's imagination and I love that kind of thing.
3. As an author who has written novels I'm in the process of publishing, I think I may know a few things about how stories are made.
4. I was stating my opinion, not passing it off as fact at any point in my post. I'm fine with people liking Cloverfield, my best friend loves it. In my opinion it wasn't good. Personally I found the characters cliche` and I didn't care at all for any of them, it meant very little to me when they died. Which was sort of sad for me since I generally really like the actress Lizzy Caplan's work and I think she's great. I just felt the story wasn't original, nor was much of anything else about it. I thought the Star Wars movies were tremendous (at least episodes IV through VI), and I really loved characters like Chewbacca, Han Solo, and R2D2, Cloverfield didn't touch me like that. Sorry, it's just not what I personally consider a good film.
5. I didn't pay a cent to see Cloverfield and I can guarantee you I will not see the sequel even if I am given a free opportunity.

In other words, realize people have seperate opinions, don't just say they're "haters" because they have a different viewpoint. Maybe people who disagree with you have valid points, and I do agree that the device that was used in Cloverfield that kept many things secret from the viewer was good. In other words, try to keep an open mind in the future.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Quote by Rancid_Punk
My first thoughts are "ENGLISH MOTHER****ER, DO YOU READ IT?" what you said means nothing in response to my post
1. I never said anything about Abram's involvement in either film in my post, I personally don't give a flying rat's head who directed or produced this.
2. I never complained about any unanswered aspects of the film, hell I'm generally all for leaving things up to the audience's imagination and I love that kind of thing.
3. As an author who has written novels I'm in the process of publishing, I think I may know a few things about how stories are made.
4. I was stating my opinion, not passing it off as fact at any point in my post. I'm fine with people liking Cloverfield, my best friend loves it. In my opinion it wasn't good. Personally I found the characters cliche` and I didn't care at all for any of them, it meant very little to me when they died. Which was sort of sad for me since I generally really like the actress Lizzy Caplan's work and I think she's great. I just felt the story wasn't original, nor was much of anything else about it. I thought the Star Wars movies were tremendous (at least episodes IV through VI), and I really loved characters like Chewbacca, Han Solo, and R2D2, Cloverfield didn't touch me like that. Sorry, it's just not what I personally consider a good film.
5. I didn't pay a cent to see Cloverfield and I can guarantee you I will not see the sequel even if I am given a free opportunity.

In other words, realize people have seperate opinions, don't just say they're "haters" because they have a different viewpoint. Maybe people who disagree with you have valid points, and I do agree that the device that was used in Cloverfield that kept many things secret from the viewer was good. In other words, try to keep an open mind in the future.

Guess what dude. First I'm not English. Second you need to chill. Third I am a writer as well. Forth just read ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield . Maybe that will open your eyes a little bit, considering my post was not just directed toward you, just the comment on "thats why we don't let you make movies." Sorry if I got your panties in a twist.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Quote by snipelfritz
Just wait 'til they get the characters from Friends involved!

Could I be any more lost?
I don't think there is a connection.

JJ Abrams has said there isn't.

Then again, that Dharma Initiative logo does seem suspicious.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT