please tell me this is the right place to put this...

I've been playing this guitar for about since December, it started out on just playin christmas songs for my family. And to tell the truth guitar hero just didn't cut it for me so i moved on to the real thing. I love both types guitar acoustic and electric. I have a Morgan Monroe Journeyman. Weird i can't find alot about them on the internet. But getting to the point is i love finger picking and seems like im leaning toward lead guitar. But im having trouble with electric. Acoustic is easy just string, tune, pick and it makes sound, but electric seems so much more....difficult. I don't know about all these things like , Inotation, truss rods, humbuckers, i mean how do i know it sounds right? The higher up i go on my electric guitar(Fender Stratocaster 'that's right!'......made in mexico...) the worse it sounds, like 'Stairway sounds way off on my electric, but great on my acoustic. I was needing to know how to make it right, that and the volume sounds horrible, i have to 8 to get to make a sound, a quiet sound..... i mean i don't even know what the tone and the humbucker toggle is used for. I know this is alot but if any part can be answered it would be great. that and i need to know how to get better, and i can do practice but i need to know what...to practice.
do the same thing I did mess around with it you wil learn what it does but ill answer one question since I cant really give you an excellent way of putting it for the tone one I just know how to use it when I want to lol but the toggle switch switches between the pickups giving you diffrent sound but I would imagine someone will step in tell you in a much better way than I can
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
As a fairly new beginner, I wouldn't stress yourself out at this point about adjesting the truss rod etc. Fine a good guitar store that does adjustments (they nearly all do) and pay the $50 or so to get your guitar set up correctly. After about a year's worth of playing you'll be more familiar with the parts and how they work and you can decide if you want to make the adjustments yourself. There are a lot of great lessons on this site. A good place for beginners for lessons is the www.justinguitar.com site. It has good suggestions for a practice routine.
Quote by Horlicks
Keep the tone a volume on 10 when you're starting out. What amp do you have?

I have a Fender 100R and a Line 6 head cabinet, but for now i use a plug and play 8 mini amp that i use when i don't want anything fancy.
I might also add that it's an old fender that probably has electrical problems but again i don't know how i would fix that, i mean the guitar makes some sort of sound on an amp at about 3 on the volume right?