I keep getting really frustrated because people tell me to learn the scales and stuff but I don't know what to learn about them.
I'm trying to learn theory but there's so much different lessons on the internet so I don't know which ones to do and so on....
I don't know what to learn about them

For scales, learn how they are constructed, what intervals they contain, how they relate to other scales, what notes they are made of, what shape they make all over the neck.

Yeah it's a lot but you don't have to do it all at once.
I don't know which ones to do and so on....
Check out the 'must-have beginner scales' thread around here. Personally, I support bangoodcharlotte's post the most.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
^
+1, i haven't seen bangoodcharlotte post something wrong yet (though i assume she doesn't post when she doesn't know)

Quote by Darkmessiahnz
I keep getting really frustrated because people tell me to learn the scales and stuff but I don't know what to learn about them.
I'm trying to learn theory but there's so much different lessons on the internet so I don't know which ones to do and so on....

Learn the a different positions of the c major scale so you can play in each position. Then learn a different scale, say e major. Once you can play these two really well look at joining up the positions so you can play the scale all around the fretboard. Keep learning new scales, and new types of scales, while still practising the old ones. Try improvising over a chord progression in c major or whatever scale you want.

For theory read the FAQ then ask some questions.
i haven't seen bangoodcharlotte post something wrong yet (though i assume she doesn't post when she doesn't know)
I don't agree with some of her ways of thinking, but that can be said of everyone on this board.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums