Page 1 of 2
Because he's an attention *****?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Because he's an attention *****?

All famous musicians are attention *****s. Otherwise they would never become famous.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
He's an attention *****, the other members are cool..

He's hot? Not gay just guessing, my sister seems to think he is, along with a vast majority of the girls at my school.
Quote by rabidguitarist
All famous musicians are attention *****s. Otherwise they would never become famous.

Not strictly.

I guess it's more the way he goes about it, glamourising his "depression" thath he had to "take so many pills for, he was rattling".

Hey, guess what? Nobody cares, play some damn music.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

He seem like the spokesperson of the band (does most talking) so he is probably most famous. (I know that I can't name any other members of FOB)
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Is it cus he's the MOST undeservedly smug member of the band?

Yes.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Cause the other members of the band aren't exactly what you would call "good looking"

And pictures of their dicks aren't on the internet.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Usual order of preference for groupies.
Singer(lead)
Guitarist(lead > rhythm)
Backing singer
Lighting tech
Bassist
Drummer:p
Quote by MightyAl
Usual order of preference for groupies.
Singer(lead)
Guitarist(lead > rhythm)
Backing singer
Lighting tech
Bassist
Drummer:p

i would love to see a band that has the lighting tech as the most famous
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
Quote by TheRavenEffekt
He's hot? Not gay just guessing, my sister seems to think he is, along with a vast majority of the girls at my school.

It seems that teenage girls logic goes:

Sexyness > Talent

Quote by imnopunkrocker9
i would love to see a band that has the lighting tech as the most famous

I suspect they'd sound f*cking awful. Unless they'd won a bet with someone more famous than them.
Quote by NielsWho
It seems that teenage girls logic goes:

Sexyness > Talent

Isn't it the same with dudes?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Isn't it the same with dudes?

i wish it was mate. but sadly it isnt. unless your talented at being sexy........
Quote by Zebra_Planet
i wish it was mate. but sadly it isnt. unless your talented at being sexy........

wait a minute....... sorry, i misinterpreted....
Yeah I just meant it in the way that most guys wouldn't really care if a girl was talented or not either.

Exhibit A: Jessica Alba.
Poor actress.
Yet extremely popular for some reason...
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Hes an attention *****.

I dont mean to offend any bassists here but just hear me out here. The bassist isnt usual the most popular member. Its usualy the guitarist and the singer. The only reason hes so "Popular" Is because 'OMG OMG OMG P3te w3ntz iz s000 hawt'

Well thats what most 16 year old girls think anyway...
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Yeah I just meant it in the way that most guys wouldn't really care if a girl was talented or not either.

Exhibit A: Jessica Alba.
Poor actress.
Yet extremely popular for some reason...

Because she provides eye-candy.

And, Pete Wentz is a massive attention seeker.
I know I'm male but he doesn't honestly seem so hot.. it's just that when you compare him to the other band members.
Because he is the member with the least amount of talent, yet he is still at the forefront of every FOB poster I have ever seen, all because he appeals to the idiot girls my age and younger.
Also, he is not hot, he looks like a goddamn gorilla. I'm not saying I hate him because of that, I just don't see why other girls think he's hot.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
He's pretty and he plays bass, writes clever lyrics.

I do have a soft spot for ol' Patrick Stump as well though.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by metacarpi
Not strictly.

I guess it's more the way he goes about it, glamourising his "depression" thath he had to "take so many pills for, he was rattling".

Hey, guess what? Nobody cares, play some damn music.

that's the main problem with these types, people do care for whatever reason.
Why Pete Wentz?
simple!
1)He has absolutly no Talent as a Bassist! (want proof? name 1 FOB song with a decent bass line/riff)
2)He FAILS as a song writter (FOB lyrics are as stale & repeditive as most Rap songs!)
3)He writes songs that only appeal to 12year old "oh, look at me I'm Emo girls"
4)He's more famous for looks than talent!
5)He's making money of the fact he had depression!

*Prepares flame sheild*
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
2)He FAILS as a song writter (FOB lyrics are as stale & repeditive as most Rap songs!)

I disagree, although it's obviously only my opinion

How cruel is the golden rule?
When the lives we lived are only golden-plated
And I knew that the lights of the city were too heavy for me
Though I carried karats for everyone to see

He can be quite clever
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by gunners fan
Why Pete Wentz?
simple!
1)He has absolutly no Talent as a Bassist! (want proof? name 1 FOB song with a decent bass line/riff)
3)He writes songs that only appeal to 12year old "oh, look at me I'm Emo girls"
4)He's more famous for looks than talent!
5)He's making money of the fact he had depression!

*Prepares flame sheild*

I agree with you mostly but his lyrics are actually pretty good, I'm a bloke and not 12 and I like their songs, and a lot of the music industry is about looks and presentation, I mean the Sex Pistols had barely any skill, but that didn't stop them being popular.

And no I'm not sayin that FOB are better than Sex Pistols or whatever I'm just saying that you don't need to have skill to succeed in the music industry
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by t3gan
Because he is the member with the least amount of talent, yet he is still at the forefront of every FOB poster I have ever seen, all because he appeals to the idiot girls my age and younger.
Also, he is not hot, he looks like a goddamn gorilla. I'm not saying I hate him because of that, I just don't see why other girls think he's hot.

I think he is the most talented member. FOB vocal lines are actually very difficult, whereas the guitar, bass and drum parts could be played by monkeys.

And of course he's at the front of the posters, he's the frontman.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I think he is the most talented member. FOB vocal lines are actually very difficult, whereas the guitar, bass and drum parts could be played by monkeys.

Patrick Stump does the singing in the band.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Patrick Stump does the singing in the band.

really?

what does pete wentz do?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist

You're thinking of the Stumpy one, Patric or something. He's well talented, he has a good voice.
Pete on the other hand, plays very simple bass, and apparently writes the lyrics.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Ok, I'm not a fan of FOB at all but even I know Patrick Stump is the frontman of FOB. Pete Wentz is the Tommy Lee of the band, the most famous member but not because of his playing.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by ross1234
why not pete wentz

Indeed!

They don't force people to like them, or even think that he's talented. Some people like him, some don't - fair enough...

He's the voice of the band, that's just how it is.
Quote by SteveHouse
I still don't understand this thread. What does 'why Pete Wentz' mean?
Quote by Sabu
I still don't understand this thread. What does 'why Pete Wentz' mean?

Why is Pete more famous than the others I think it means.
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Page 1 of 2