Page 1 of 2
Goth VS emo
Punk VS metalheads
everyone VS emo

the list goes on and on..
Recently there was even a murder( click here for news article )

, where a 20 year old lady was killed JUST BECAUSE she was goth. I mean whats the point of all these senseless deaths? is there not enough hatred in the world?

I myself dont really "belong" to any subculture, but i do notice the amount of discrimination they receive from "normal" people.. they are teased, harassed and sometimes even attacked.. and all because people dont agree with how they dress or what they believe in.
Even the authorities dish out this type of discrimination. some children are even TAKEN away from their parents because their parents are metalheads or whatever.

i know a lot of people think subcultures or stereotypes are stupid , but that does not mean we have to ridicule or use violence against people we do not agree with! Its stupid and POINTLESS

another thing that i've come to notice is bashing between emos,goths,punks.. blah blah
these groups appear to have a war between themselves and sometimes it turns violent.
which i also dont understand, because these gruops have a lot in common,plus they all are discriminated by "normal" people.. they should band together instead of fighting against each other..

in the end discrimation is always the same, be it against races, genders ,religion or anything else. Nobody gains from it, but i guess discrimination will exist forever, until EVEYONE realises how stupid it is.

discuss
Last edited by petrina_678 at May 6, 2008,
Sophie was 20. There were 5 people jailed for her murder, not just one. But other than that, you are absolutely correct in your post.
Quote by petrina_678
Goth VS emo
Punk VS metalheads
everyone VS emo

the list goes on and on..
Recently there was even a murder( click here for news article )

, where a 15 year old girl was killed JUST BECAUSE she was goth. I mean whats the point of all these senseless deaths? is there not enough hatred in the world?

I myself dont really "belong" to any subculture, but i do notice the amount of discrimination they receive from "normal" people.. they are teased, harassed and sometimes even attacked.. and all because people dont agree with how they dress or what they believe in.
Even the authorities dish out this type of discrimination. some children are even TAKEN away from their parents because their parents are metalheads or whatever.

i know a lot of people think subcultures or stereotypes are stupid , but that does not mean we have to ridicule or use violence against people we do not agree with! Its stupid and POINTLESS

another thing that i've come to notice is bashing between emos,goths,punks.. blah blah
these groups appear to have a war between themselves and sometimes it turns violent.
which i also dont understand, because these gruops have a lot in common,plus they all are discriminated by "normal" people.. they should band together instead of fighting against each other..

in the end discrimation is always the same, be it against races, genders ,religion or anything else. Nobody gains from it, but i guess discrimination will exist forever, until EVEYONE realises how stupid it is.

discuss

I don't see it.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Discrimination is something that'll never go away. Discrimination against groups depending on what music they listen to, or what they wear is stupid and pointless though.

Saying that, neds/chavs deserve anything they get. They're the ones who hurl the most abuse at anyone different from them.

A note or two though: Sophie Lancaster was 20, it was a 15 year old boy who was charged with her murder.

EDIT: beaten to it on the 'she was 20'
they were ruthless yobs. britain's full of them.

they were probably chavs, and they generally don't like heavy guitar music.

people who insult (or worse) people just because they dress like this, or act like this will always be around, and they won't get my respect. ever.
That's society for you. Your told to be an individual and as soon as you show an ounce of individuality theres someone there to abuse you for it. Has happened all thoughout history and will continue till the human race is extinct.
That's horrible.

It's disgusting to even think that someone would do something like that for such a stupid reason.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

It's a shame that stuff like this goes on in today's society.

But then again, there will always be room for discrimination and hate.

It'll never change, the world will never be perfect.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
but truth is, everyone kinda takes part in this kind of discrimination.
take UG for example, i cant mention just how many thread i've seen people making fun of emo kids or insulting punk culture.
It seems trivial but when you think about it, these little remarks will get others to believe that it is ok to laugh at whichever stereotype ...

which in turn makes them think that these people are inferior to them which leads to discrimination
jesus christ.

someone's slow.
You're not going to change the world, especially if you cant even spell.

People call 'emo', 'goth' etc and other labels 'cults', yet they call themselves 'normal'.
which makes them the biggest "cult" in the world.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
You don't really see much of that here. But it disgusted me when I heard about the goth girl murdered and the emo kids in mexico beaten up.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

people fear what they dont understand and bad things happen because of this
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
It's been around for centuries. (discrimination that is)

From the Jews in the Bible, to todays Chav vs Anything that doesn't listen to hip-hop "war".

Personally, i see myself as an individual (what a stereotypical thing to say these days though) and i am harassed for the music i listen to, the clothes i wear.

It happened at my sainsbury's (UK Supermarket) induction when i started working. We were all asked about our musical tastes, and as soon as i said "I like metal. From Iron Maiden to All That Remains" and someone asked "Is it all of that Screaming crap?"

When i replied yes, the other 8 or 9 other inductees all tutted or sighed as if i was some sort of social/mental retard. It made me want to get onto my high horse and go into how pop music is fake etc, but i chose otherwise, because they're only work colleagues and i only see them twice a week.

But it just goes to show how close minded people are.

Sorry if i went a bit off topic there
Quote by petrina_678
but truth is, everyone kinda takes part in this kind of discrimination.
take UG for example, i cant mention just how many thread i've seen people making fun of emo kids or insulting punk culture.
It seems trivial but when you think about it, these little remarks will get others to believe that it is ok to laugh at whichever stereotype ...

which in turn makes them think that these people are inferior to them which leads to discrimination

True. As soon as Fall Out Boy news is posted the haters come in their droves.

EDIT:
Quote by Slinov
It happened at my sainsbury's (UK Supermarket) induction when i started working. We were all asked about our musical tastes, and as soon as i said "I like metal. From Iron Maiden to All That Remains" and someone asked "Is it all of that Screaming crap?"

When i replied yes, the other 8 or 9 other inductees all tutted or sighed as if i was some sort of social/mental retard. It made me want to get onto my high horse and go into how pop music is fake etc, but i chose otherwise, because they're only work colleagues and i only see them twice a week.

Man you totally win for not going off at them. I would have layed into them if they said that about my taste in music.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Last edited by BenFoffenbock at May 6, 2008,
Quote by Slinov

lol i've been though that before, where people tell me "why do you listen to that noisy pointless music"
or "thats bad stuff,its satanic.. "
I think becoming a part of a subculture is such a stupid thing to do. We talk about individuality and how everyone is different but how can people be different if they are always trying to be like someone else. Its the ironic factor of emo's they set out to be different from everyone else but in the end they are not that different anymore because people are becoming like them. I dont understand why you have to dress a certain way because of the music you listen to. I listen to metal i dont wear chains and leather. I listen to rave but i dnt dress like a lad.
Why do people strive to be someone else?
Quote by petrina_678
lol i've been though that before, where people tell me "why do you listen to that noisey pointless music"
or "thats bad stuff,its satanic.. "

I love it when they all class you as a "Satan Worshiper" for listening to something that screams

I also love being called a goth, and then correcting them, saying I'm a Metalhead, not a Goth.

It confuses everyone so much
oups i rushed and wanted to say "reported no vs threads" but i didnt:P.These subcultures are pretty weird and should better talked to each to see everyone's point.Personally i don't understand them.Maybe i also do not like them, but i ignore cause i dont have why to interfere in their lives.
Quote by Slinov
I love it when they all class you as a "Satan Worshiper" for listening to something that screams

I also love being called a goth, and then correcting them, saying I'm a Metalhead, not a Goth.

lol yeah most people mixup all the groups anyway.. lol
Quote by petrina_678
lol yeah most people mixup all the groups anyway.. lol

To your standard "Chav" anyone wearing a band t-shirt that isn't a rapper/hip-hop artist or whatever then they're a goth/emo/skater/"jitter"(whatever the crap that is) and it's hilarious watching them try and start on your for a different taste in music or dress sense. My reply usually now when i get "Do you cut your wrists" or "Dirty Jitter c*nt" or whatever, is "Yeah, i do, i bleed everywhere, it's fantastic, sometimes i use the blood as lubricant as i masturbate. Grow up"

It usually shuts them up, and if i go off on a magical quest into my imagination then it can be quite funny to watch.
Quote by futsalman
I think becoming a part of a subculture is such a stupid thing to do. We talk about individuality and how everyone is different but how can people be different if they are always trying to be like someone else. Its the ironic factor of emo's they set out to be different from everyone else but in the end they are not that different anymore because people are becoming like them. I dont understand why you have to dress a certain way because of the music you listen to. I listen to metal i dont wear chains and leather. I listen to rave but i dnt dress like a lad.

Alot of people call/think I'm emo, but apart from looks I'm pretty far from it. I do listen to 'sad' music at times, and I listen to 'emo' music at times, but I also listen to alot of other music, which is much happier than pretty much everything you ever hear on tv (Polysics for example).

But I dress they I want, I don't set out to be different to everyone else, I just be myself, which may be like others, but I don't care because it's myself. And I wear what I want to, not what the genres I listen to depict. But still most people would label me as being as part of a subculture even though apart from looks I don't fit the criteria of every subculture.

Oh and yeah I get **** from people at school. People seem to think they are tough bumping into me. Someones even tried to tackle me as I was just walking along with a friend. They failed though.
Quote by Slinov

i laugh at those people.
I don't let people insult me for what I listen to or what I wear, as I always can find a argument against them and then tell them to shut the fuck up and get something better to than insulting people for their differences.

I don't really care about what others listens to or what they wear, but when they try to force it on me I usually get pissed. Not that it happens so often, but when it does I usually get a little bit more than annoyed.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Slinov
To your standard "Chav" anyone wearing a band t-shirt that isn't a rapper/hip-hop artist or whatever then they're a goth/emo/skater/"jitter"(whatever the crap that is) and it's hilarious watching them try and start on your for a different taste in music or dress sense. My reply usually now when i get "Do you cut your wrists" or "Dirty Jitter c*nt" or whatever, is "Yeah, i do, i bleed everywhere, it's fantastic, sometimes i use the blood as lubricant as i masturbate. Grow up"

It usually shuts them up, and if i go off on a magical quest into my imagination then it can be quite funny to watch.

I've had 'EMOOOOOOOO' shouted at me across the street a couple of times by neds, & I've got long blonde hair
Stereotyping is stupid, even though I do it myself sometimes. =( But seriously, beating the crap out of someone cause they're different to you?? Get a life! Leave them alone to live your life. Unless someone's trying to force things on you, leave them alone and let them live how they want to. I don't really like emo kids, but I'm not gonna beat them up on the street. I save that for the mosh pit.
sig goes here
what is there to discuss exactly?

discrimination exists. that's it, and it's not going to disappear any time soon...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Sol9989
what is there to discuss exactly?

discrimination exists. that's it, and it's not going to disappear any time soon...

true, but it cant hurt to try and reduce it..
btw chavs don't listen to hip hop, that's stuff like De La Soul, chavs generally listen to happy hardcore (crap dance music you get at the fairground).
Quote by ctb
they were ruthless yobs. britain's full of them.

they were probably chavs, and they generally don't like heavy guitar music.

people who insult (or worse) people just because they dress like this, or act like this will always be around, and they won't get my respect. ever.

I am What you would describe as a Chav, I wear tracksuits, Football shirts and Listen to Hip Hop, however I also love Bands like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin and the Jimi Hendrix experience and I would like to say not all us people who you describe as chavs are yob's in fact some of us can be the kindest people you've ever met, and other people like me share my same views.
Quote by JTWalker
I am What you would describe as a Chav, I wear tracksuits, Football shirts and Listen to Hip Hop, however I also love Bands like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin and the Jimi Hendrix experience and I would like to say not all us people who you describe as chavs are yob's in fact some of us can be the kindest people you've ever met, and other people like me share my same views.

i dont think people should discriminate against chavs either.. cos it breeds hate and hate causes violence..
The thing that distinguishes JTWalker from the majority of chavs though, is that most other chavs are the ones who cause all the hate and violence, by being intolerant of anyone different from themselves. They seem to think that shouting abuse, intimedation and violence are perfectly acceptable against anyone who is different from themselves.
people think that when people tease emos /skaters/metalheads it does not involve them , that it does not matter.
but by being indifferent, and by allowing such discrimination to take place,you are sending the signal that it is alright to do such things.
That hating someone just because they live the way they want to is alright.

One day the tables may turn and people may discriminate YOU for doing what you want..
so dont let people get away with such hateful crimes..
Quote by futsalman

That's why I am a nonconformist from nonconformity. Essentially, I am me. And I really don't get why people dress according to music either. I love metal, but you wouldn't know unless I told you.
Quote by rockergurl09
That's why I am a nonconformist from nonconformity. Essentially, I am me. And I really don't get why people dress according to music either. I love metal, but you wouldn't know unless I told you.

lol i agree with you, i dont try to "belong" to any sub-culture or anything...
but i dont think its right to say that its stupid to belong to a group or anything, its a choice for people to make...
THIS JUST IN: People are stupid.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't have a problem with emo culture it's just the emos that cut themselves are the ones that really irk me.

And I belong to the subgroup of "everyone" because I am a consumer *****.
hue
at my school...there is very little goth....my group is the goths.....but then again we are always getting called "emo" and "wrist cutters" which we are not....and that has started fights but nothing close to death or killing.....im afraid metalheads and goths are becoming a history lesson in my town.....
Amen...Oh Wait....
Im Getting Dizzy....
My Bad.....
Page 1 of 2