So. I played my first gig but the sound was pants. 2 reasons really, the first being the removable pickup on my acoustic, which i have rectified by investing in an electro acoustic, and the second being the setup i was using. I've discovered the best way forward is to go for a PA system to run my guitar and mic through, and im also gonna branch out to some backing tracks via my laptop. Bought myself a DI box to match the impedences, so now I need some advice on a PA system. Obviously I need a good sound if I'm gigging but I don't wanna spend too much initially. Any advice on waht to buy on a budget? Or does anybody have any to sell? Thanks!
decent PA's are expensive because they have a lot of outputs but Fender make a good portable one that is very popular for solo musicians. I think you can pick one up on ebay for 500 bucks
You can get decent budget PA's for around £100-£400.

I'd recommend not spending to much really.

http://www.themusicking.co.uk/meridian-150-watt-pa-system#furtherinfo

That would be ample for what you'd be using in small pub's/club's until you can afford a REALLY good one from the likes of HK. Audio.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
the portable fender is "pants" imo.

if you feel you need a pa, i suggest you look at getting a used pa system, from yamaha.

let me ask, the venues you plan to play dont have pa systems?

because i usually show up with my guitar and plug in.

also, which acoustic/e did you buy?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if you're looking to buy a PA just for a mic and acoustic guitar, get yourself an acoustic amp instead. examples: marshall as50d/100d, AER acousticube, etc.
I'm not sure what the term "pants" means in this thread, but don't buy the Fender Passport as suggested above. They're perfect for speaking and such, but sound pretty crappy for instruments. I always found the plastic monitors to sound very hollow, and well.. just not good.

They're very convenient though.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
^haha, yeah i was using her phrase. pants is not cool.

and just to add, if she feels she can do without a pa and would like to try an acoustic amp with xlr mic plug in the best ones are the SWR blonde amps.

the easiest to tote around are the roland chorus 60s at just 12lbs.
(i went with a roland chorus 60)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at May 6, 2008,
I've got a Phonic POD 620 with 2X10's and it really isn't to bad. 100 fx, 7 band eq, XLR, phantom power etc. but it's 6 channel. For the $300 american I paid for it it's great. I don't use the EFX to much, but the EQ was a god send. Might want to give it a try if you can find one locally.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD