(Write ups coming soon, I haven't slept all night.)

www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
Last edited by Something_Vague at May 6, 2008,
lol, I haven't even listened to one album that was released in 2008! I may be missing something great but somehow I doubt it. Missing something that's alright I would believe.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig! Lazarus! Dig!
Ice Bird Spiral - A taste of…
Laura Marling - Alas I cannot swim
Rahdunes - Magick
We Have Heaven - We Have Heaven

Twinsistermoon - Rivers of blood ending in the sun (3″ cd) is the best release so far though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Why? - Alopecia
Xiu Xiu - Women As Lovers
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
A Silver Mt. Zion - 13 Blues For Thirteen Moons
Destroyer - Trouble In Dreams

that album by The Ruby Suns is probably around 6 or 7 for me.
why? - alopecia
if lucy fell - zebra dance
laura marling - alas i cannot swim
hercules and love affair - hercules and love affair

in no order.

PS: the M83 album sucked balls
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Beach House is top 10 so far and Nouns has been leaked for a little bit.

my thoughts on the M83 album: it was ok. some good songs, some bad. nothing amazing or terrible was on it.
Yeah a lot of these albums come out in the next month or so, most have been leaked for awhile.

I'm still iffy on my list.
The only album I got that came out in '08 was No Age's 'Nouns'. So far I really like it

Last edited by Doolittle at May 6, 2008,
revision/more completed version of my list.

Why? - Alopecia
Xiu Xiu - Women As Lovers
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
A Silver Mt. Zion - 13 Blues For Thirteen Moons
Thao With The Get Down Stay Down - We Brave Bee Stings And All
The Ruby Suns - Sea Lion
Sun Kil Moon - April
I got the Hercules And Love Affair album, it wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't get it myself, I'll be the first to admit, I can see why it would be good or whatever, but I just couldn't get into it at all.

The runner ups are:

The Ruby Suns - Sea Lion
Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing (Probably will be on the end of year list)
i need to get the No Age record.

my top 5 so far:
1. Kayo Dot - Blue Lambency Downward
2. Sun Kil Moon - April
3. Gutter Twins - Saturnalia
4. {{{ Sunset }}} - Bright Blue Dream
5. Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
"i'd give my soul to be where i was a year ago... if i had a soul left to give"
agh, this thread reminds me of how much music i need to get. thanks a lot everyone :<
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
I don't have the time to make a list, but if I did, Real Emotional Trash by Malkmus + the Jicks would top it. Lust, Lust, Lust by the Raveonettes, and of course Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! would also be up there.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i gotta get my hands on that Have A Nice Life record. it's been said to be the saddest record ever!
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
o man i didn't know the wolf parade one was out. i've only bought a few /08 releases and i don't think any of them should be in a top five list, but i'm really digging the new mount eerie.
Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind Of Cadwallader

Joan Of Arc - Boo! Human

Atlas Sound - Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel

Encrypt Manuscript - Census

Gregor Samsa - Rest

I've only actually been listening to two of the above for a few days (Boo! Human technically only "leaked" yesterday). But I remain confident in their awesomeness.

Also, many of you probably haven't heard of Encrypt Manuscript or Algernon Cadwallader. I really think that everyone should check them out. Especially if you like the idea of a really jazzy At The Drive-In minus distortion, or anything that Tim Kinsella has ever been involved with, respectively. Myspace dot com slash the name of the band. Do it.

If it was a top 10 I would have included:
Man Man - Rabbit Habits
Spokes - People Like People Like You
Pocahaunted - Island Diamonds
Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs
Grails - Take Refuge In Clean Living

Um, No Age and M83 aren't bad either. New Islands isn't as bad as a lot of people have been saying, but its still not something I've had the urge to listen to more than once.
Last edited by system at May 10, 2008,
that Clinic album is good, but right now i am listening to that Atlas Sound album and i can see it breaking into my top 10. maybe even higher.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i was massively unimpressed with no age. oh well.

Can't see what the fuss is all about either, the first album wasn't exactly good - thankfully didn't pay anything for it.

As for Algernon Cadwallader, they're good but from what I remember are practically a replica of Kinsella related stuff.

Haven't got 'Island diamonds' yet, have been waiting for them to show up in some UK distros but haven't seen it anywhere... Have heard its fantastic though.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
The Bedlam In Goliath - The Mars Volta
Consolers Of The Lonely - The Raconteurs
Third - Portishead
Ghosts I-IV - Nine Inch Nails
Oracular Spectactular - MGMT
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14

Oracular Spectactular - MGMT

THANKYOU!!! Been listening to this one non-stop for weeks.
I really want the Colin Meloy record to be in my top 5 but the crowd on it really annoy me. They seem to laugh at everything he says, "I have a skull on stage" - "hahahahahahaha". If there was a better crowd I would love that album.

RateYourMusic
Oh I should check a lot of the albums listed here!

I don't have a top five defined, but probably Why?, Islands, Quinn Walker and Evangelista would get a spot.

Edit: BTW on the subject of leaks, Broken Social Scene Presents Brendan Canning's album leaked yesterday and it's damn sexy.
Last edited by julio1987 at Jun 1, 2008,