Hey all.

I'm a bit new when it comes to bass, so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Anyhoo, my D-String snapped a couple of days ago, and when I got home I found out that the little ball on the bridge was missing. *See pic

I was wondering if I could get this fixed? And how much it would roughly cost?

Thanks a lot!

*shakes head...* i'll give you the benifit of the doubt because your new. but when you have a string, theres a little ball on the end of it to hold it in the bridge when you tune. if you break the string, the ball will still be attatched usually and get thrown out with it. if you buy a new string, just stick it through that hole, then into the tuning peg to replace it.
Quote by Roybordom
*shakes head...* i'll give you the benifit of the doubt because your new. but when you have a string, theres a little ball on the end of it to hold it in the bridge when you tune. if you break the string, the ball will still be attatched usually and get thrown out with it. if you buy a new string, just stick it through that hole, then into the tuning peg to replace it.

Yeah, they're right. ^

There's a little ball on the end of every string, guitar and bass alike. Buy new strings, restring the bass and the problem'll be fixed. That's some talent to snap the D string, though...
Haha, wow I feel a bit dumb now. Thanks for the info guys.

And if you're wondering how I managed to snap the D-String, it's because I was at practice with my band who wouldn't shut up for a second to let me tune up. Anyways, considering I had little to no sleep, I went up way too high and the string just snapped! Hahaha.
It could be possible that you were playing the A string, to tune it up while turning the D string tuning head. Your A kept coming up flat so you tuned your D way too high!

It sounds silly but ive done it, fortunatly realised before i broke a string.

You can either buy a new set of strings (about £18 in the UK) or buy a single (abouts £5). If you need advice on how to restring, theres a good guide in the FAQ.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Off topic... could that bass be a Yamaha RBX170? Nice beginner bass by the way.
My Gear:

Ibanez S520
Line 6 Variax 700
Roland Cube 30X
Boss GT-8

Yamaha RBX 370
Hartke B300
Yamaha Magicstomp EB

Roland Juno-G
Peavey KB1
Alin, you know that's actually ridiculous how you can tell what bass that is from that picture!

Well played to you!
Quote by Jonnomainman
It could be possible that you were playing the A string, to tune it up while turning the D string tuning head. Your A kept coming up flat so you tuned your D way too high!

It sounds silly but ive done it, fortunatly realised before i broke a string.

me to, many a time while i was still learning all there was to know about the set up of my instrument.
but to the thread starter, its really no issue ive broken many strings as im sure many others on the forums have as well. the first post nailed it, the little ball is just a part of the string to keep it ""attached"" to the bridge. with new strings is new '' little balls ''
ha-ha! oh man, little balls........
i love the arrow you shopped in to illustrate your point.

but yea, just buy a new string, depending how old those strings are you could buy a new pack or just replace the single one.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
It's all good now, thanks.
Replaced the strings last night. Thanks for the help, guys.
Jokez thread but your bass looks sick...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight