I've been looking at already getting rid of my current amp (mg ) and have heard a lot about Valve Juniors, but now I'm confused. Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the three different types:




They all seem the same, just look different.
Or would it be easier to just get a Roland Cube 30?

Trained physicist occasionally enslaved by engineers.
Cool. I shall look into it then. Wandering into town later, so will look in the guitar shop, see if they have any. If they do, my MG has played its last
Trained physicist occasionally enslaved by engineers.
I have the combo and the head/cab. If you can afford it get the head/cab. it's a bit louder and has a bit more low end to it. but the combo is nice also. they both love pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I'd get the head/cab. That way, you can get a decent cab, which will come in handy when you buy a new amp. The combo speaker is only 8".
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
what type of music do you play?

if you play metal, you'll probably want to buy a cube, or a randall.

if you want a tube amp then save for a peavey, or similar.

if you get the vj, u'll need pedals to put in front of it, and thats another hundred or so anyway.

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011