Hey guys. The Low E string on my Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White broke ='[

I want to know the string guage for the guitar, so I can tell the dude at the music store what to give me without me having to Bring my guitar to school. Help me out quickly please!!!
My Gear
ESP EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Peavey Valveking 112
Electro-harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost
Mogami Cables
Dunlop Tortex Orange .60mm Picks
DiMarzio Cliplock Strap
I personally would buy a whole new set. For someone starting out I would recommend .009 - .042 or .009 to .046. Hope that helps.
Epiphones come with .10-.46 strings as standard, if you want to keep the same tension.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
man if your starting out, then you should know, guitars dont require a certain guage string, so you can just go out an buy any guage you want, but it is best to just get a whole new pack, instead of just replacing one string.
please look at your bridge before you restring. its nearly always the bridges fault when the E or A breaks.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
If you're using the same strings you got with your guitar, definitely replace them. Epiphone put crappy Chinese strings on all their guitars, you're gonna want to get yourself a nice set of American-made strings.
I'd recommend putting a 0.010 set on a Les Paul, it'll just give you a richer tone and some more sustain.

*EDIT*
By the way, when changing string gauges, sometimes a slight truss rod adjustment is necessary. Moving from 0.009 to 0.010 isn't a drastic change so it probably won't be needed, but if you get any fret buzz I would recommend taking the guitar to get adjusted.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator