Page 1 of 2
We should probably do Jam 5 soonish.

As i recall, there is a Dorian track left on EDG's list we could use...? You have to love Dorian.

I want 2 rules added-
1. No complaints about the backing track.
2. If you post here often, you should enter, if your name is on that darn list, you have to enter.
3. No complaints about the backing track.
EDG - I have been looking forward to the Dorian track!

I apologise for Pseudo-Random manner i used to get the ball rolling, short of searching for the other jams, here is an explanantion.

Jam
A backing track is made. Preferably 1 minute long.
The track is posted online for everybody to download.
Everybody records themselves 'jamming' over the backing track.
1 very dedicated and busy MTer collates all of the entries and mixes them together in order of receipt.
The entire jam is published on Dmusic (or similar) for everybody to listen to.

It is like a unification of MT, bringing us all together! haha...

the other jams are here-
http://ug-jams.dmusic.com/
I saw the previous thread with everyone bashing the BT.. so I see where you're coming from with the "1. & 3. No complaints about the backing track."

I have a question though.. where should one 'enter their name on the darn list' to participate? Here? If so.. count me in... if not... I'll be awaiting a response.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
Quote by branny1982
well, by all means enter your name, but when the track is available you just need to download it and submit your entry to the email address. Your name will then go on the completed jam thread.

Oh ok, it seemed like there was an exclusive list one had to be on I assume the email address is going to be posted in the thread for the jam, then.
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
I agree with:

branny's rules
and edg's idea for more tracks to be submitted.

I'd totally do it this time. This would take my mind off things. I couldn't do it last time cuz my dad was always on the computer and I record straight to the computer (he complains when you have to borrow the computer and I didn't feel like explaining about UG and Jams)

Quote by Archaon
Where are the backing tracks?

edg has the dorian one still.
the others are non-existant and should be made (by us, not taken from some website as edg said)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
If you guys are looking for some more tracks, I've got a beautiful backing track I'm working on in C#m right now. It's piano+strings though, and I don't know if it's very guitar-jam worthy. It's not complete yet, only an 18 second loop.

We should get a collection of UG made BTs.
^^ There should be a BT forum, where people can put up BTs (whether original or just guitar parts taken out of songs) that they've made. Or not.

I would make a backing track... but I haven't got the skills, or equipment/programs, to do so.
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
Quote by Archaon
If you guys are looking for some more tracks, I've got a beautiful backing track I'm working on in C#m right now. It's piano+strings though, and I don't know if it's very guitar-jam worthy. It's not complete yet, only an 18 second loop.

We should get a collection of UG made BTs.

although i was gunning for EDG's Dorian, i am actually quite excited about this one. i like the sound of piano+strings.
This thread could become the thread for posting backing tracks in.

In fact... DONE.

Post your tracks, or the links
I have a few in my profile as well. They're really simple progressions. I doubt they'd be liked but meh, give'em a listen.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Okay, well this is incomplete for now, but I'm just going to post it to let you guys know what I meant. It's a little slow, but I think it sounds beautiful.

It's about 18 seconds looped 4 times, I think.

Here's the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61P5AFLM
(it was too big to upload on UG, apparently)

edit:
If you guys like this style I can work on it and make the necessary changes to suit your desires.
Quote by Archaon
Okay, well this is incomplete for now, but I'm just going to post it to let you guys know what I meant. It's a little slow, but I think it sounds beautiful.

It's about 18 seconds looped 4 times, I think.

Here's the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61P5AFLM
(it was too big to upload on UG, apparently)

edit:
If you guys like this style I can work on it and make the necessary changes to suit your desires.

That sounds cool man. To make it a good BT I would suggest 2 things:

1) add a drum track

- something to groove 2

2) no melody

- The less you do melodically, the more room the soloists have to do their thing.

nice progression though, and nice sounds. Definitely has potential for a great BT
Quote by GuitarMunky
That sounds cool man. To make it a good BT I would suggest 2 things:

1) add a drum track

- something to groove 2

2) no melody

- The less you do melodically, the more room the soloists have to do their thing.

nice progression though, and nice sounds. Definitely has potential for a great BT

Yeah, I was thinking of adding percussion. I'm just worried I may ruin the song by not doing it right. As for the melody part, I may take out the fills on the piano and just leave the chords, but I suppose I'll wait and see what other people think of it.
Archaon

I really like it. That would be one epic UG Jam.

I like the melody, but if it was toned down a little bit i think it would be better. If there's a way to get some light percussion in there i think it would be cool (nothing overpowering), if not it'd be just as cool.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
Archaon

I really like it. That would be one epic UG Jam.

I like the melody, but if it was toned down a little bit i think it would be better. If there's a way to get some light percussion in there i think it would be cool (nothing overpowering), if not it'd be just as cool.

Alright, I'll probably get it done for sometime tomorrow. Feeling a little too lazy today.

By the way, what do you mean by toned down? As in volume or more spare for the soloist?
Quote by Archaon
Alright, I'll probably get it done for sometime tomorrow. Feeling a little too lazy today.

By the way, what do you mean by toned down? As in volume or more spare for the soloist?

Toned down as in volume (if it's possible). It'd be cool to still be able to hear it but not so loud that the soloist has to worry about it.

Btw, i like it so much it's already on my iPod so i can play over it and mess around.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by branny1982
Archaon, that track is cool! i vote to call it the winner

i don't think much percussion is required, but i am not very good with that kind of stuff.

Completely agreed.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
lol, thanks guys.

I could also upload the file (for those of you who have Fruity Loops Studio) tomorrow so it can be improved upon by the professionals of the MT forum.
So, when's this gonna happen?

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Archaon
lol, thanks guys.

I could also upload the file (for those of you who have Fruity Loops Studio) tomorrow so it can be improved upon by the professionals of the MT forum.

throw down, if i get a chance this weekend i can have some fun with this. my schedules always hectic when these come out so i don't get a chance to jam on it
^^ and a tone down/removal of the melody in the piano, sure.
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
Hey, sorry for being so late guys. Unfortunately, I didn't really get enough time to really add anything to this, but I figured it would be better if a few others had their say in customizing this backing track so I've uploaded the file (for those of you with Fruity Loops Studio). Edit as you please.

Once again, I apologize. I've been really busy the past few days with school and friends. Also had some decent jams.

Just take a look at the file, I added some percussion but I don't really think it's too appropriate. I'm not very good at percussion, it's always been my low point in my compositions.
Attachments:
C#m-UG Jam.zip
Yargh! This spotted my eye!

Thought we lost the jams forever :P

Anyway if it's piano and strings I'll throw in an organ or synthesizer and leave my piano samples behind...
I'll take a listen to the track and get back to you guys

Peace

BACK!

Well that sounds awesome, I can throw my mK over there anytime.

But It woudl seem nice if you can lengthen the loop (like 8 measures?) and then loop it once (so we play through it twice)

Anyway

Peace!
Last edited by pandora_grunt at May 10, 2008,
Quote by Archaon

That was a really good piece.
Quote by Mayano
That was a really good piece.

I appreciate all the positive feedback guys.

For those of you with FL Studio, feel free to edit it to make it a more suitable backing track.

Pandora, that sounds like a good idea. Go for it if you wish.
I'll see what I can do but don't get your hopes up just yet

Edit:

Well I threw in 4 extra measures and looped it once. It just a tad under a minute, just in case we get as many joiners as last time. If not, we can always add another round :P

You can hear it here:

LINK

Example BT 5

DISCLAIMER: It's not the official backing track I just thought I'd put it up there to save me uploading trouble :P

Peace
Last edited by pandora_grunt at May 10, 2008,
Quote by pandora_grunt
I'll see what I can do but don't get your hopes up just yet

Edit:

Well I threw in 4 extra measures and looped it once. It just a tad under a minute, just in case we get as many joiners as last time. If not, we can always add another round :P

You can hear it here:

LINK

Example BT 5

DISCLAIMER: It's not the official backing track I just thought I'd put it up there to save me uploading trouble :P

Peace

Me likey

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Page 1 of 2