So I see threads concerning in-guitar effects all the time and I think I could really use an on-board phaser. I love the effect and I always use it before an amp, what better an effect for me to have on-board.

I found the BYOC site and as much as I try, I can't understand this type of wiring to save my life. Assembling the kit, no problem, but integrating it the way I want, I have no idea...

I'd probably be installing this on a strat, and simply replacing the tone knobs with the rate and depth knobs. I think I've got how to switch the phaser in or out of the signal path using a push/pull knob figured out, but I can't figure out how to get it to not be on all the time without requiring a seperate switch or nixing the push/pull and using a 12-pole on/on switch.

Any ideas?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Anyone?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
what dont you understand the pcb or the drawn wiring diagram?

edit: ah i should read it all replace the footswitch button thingy with a push pull pot and wire that in so it doubles as the depth control it think
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Use a DPDT push pull pot/switch thing and wire it up for true bypass. That seems simple enough.

Now, if you want to make sure that the circuit isnt on all the time, so the battery doesnt wear out, you'll need to switch the output jack on your guitar from mono to stereo, and then wire it up with the negative (ground) battery snap lead (black) to the ring of the jack, the ground from the circuit board to the sleeve of the jack, and your output signal from the DPDT switch to the tip.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
im not sure how well this is going to work.

Overdrive circuits can be pretty simple, and there are some pretty simple boosters. But things like a phaser or a flanger usually are much more complex and require a significant number of components. You'd be hard press to get something like that to fit into a guitar unless you are willing to route a compartment for it, my two cents..

hell i might be wrong though
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by SRVStrat808
Use a DPDT push pull pot/switch thing and wire it up for true bypass. That seems simple enough...
That part I think I've got.

Quote by SRVStrat808
Now, if you want to make sure that the circuit isnt on all the time, so the battery doesnt wear out, you'll need to switch the output jack on your guitar from mono to stereo, and then wire it up with the negative (ground) battery snap lead (black) to the ring of the jack, the ground from the circuit board to the sleeve of the jack, and your output signal from the DPDT switch to the tip.
I figured I could do that, but its still going to burn pretty quick. I figured if I could get it to turn on only when its actually on, it would save a WHOLE lot on the battery.

Also, the guitar in question WILL have EMGs, would wiring up the jack as you said interfere at all?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Well EMG's are active pickups, so there should already be source of 9v power in the guitar. And if i'm remembering this correctly, EMG's are wired up only to be on when there is a cord in the output jack. So, this would mean that guitar comes with a Stereo jack already. All you'd have to do is steal the 9v source from the EMG's and you can power your phaser with that.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors