Sauce <news report

"Tackling the twin problems of noise pollution and carbon dioxide emissions."

"It is still a long way off production."

what does the pit think of this?

IMO it will be too expensive/flawed, and so will never be fully introduced into the air travel industry.

also, i think that it would take soo long to actually build even a prototype.

so far it is just an idea, but i think it will be interesting to see how this pans out (over the next 20 years or so)

also, if it does work, becomes the new plane etc, then imagine how rich the creator(s) will become!

More Sauce <website of actual idea
Quote by thedudemeister
i like the idea of Sauce

Hot Sauce?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
Hot Sauce?

Tomato sauce?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by ValoRhoads
Hot Sauce?

No, Rock sauce.

TOAOEDIT: I read it and it lloks like a good idea, but not with our current level of technology.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Last edited by TOAOIsaac at May 6, 2008,
Well to answer the TS' question, I agree in part. It will be quite interesting to see how it pans out.

However, we can't really predict the future, so we don't know how things will turn out in terms of technology. Maybe this kind of plane would be a fairly simple build a few years from now, who knows?

I think it's a good idea and a good step forward. Not perfect, of course, but a neat idea.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
That looks like a really good idea. Although their website looks at steeper descent paths, which I can see being slightly hair-raising for pilots. Landings are already tough enough with a 3 degree GS, Plus, that thing looks...uncomfortable to maneuver in. That flat fuselage is going to create a lot of lift. I'm not sure what effect that would have on the aircraft's ground effect close to the ground.
LordBishek, I read your post and thought: "My oh my, that's rather intelligent for a pit monkey". Then I saw that you're an aerospace engineer.

Yes, I used the dictionary to spell areo-blah.
^****
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Quote by ginjaninja
LordBishek, I read your post and thought: "My oh my, that's rather intelligent for a pit monkey". Then I saw that you're an aerospace engineer.

Yes, I used the dictionary to spell areo-blah.

Can't...stop...thinking...about...planes!