so im looking to buy a new guitar n lookin to spend bout £300-£400
It'll be mainly for metal so im not really bothered as long as it does it well

theres 2 guitars i both like the ibanez rgr320ex and the jackson dxmg so what would u do? other suggestions are welcome!
Jackson. No doubt about it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
i myself would go with the ibanez. ive always liked ibanez best. go with whichever one feels more easy and natural to play to you...
Neither. Go used for an Ibanez RG5xx or upwards, or a Jackson DKMG used.
Im not that experienced with jacksons, but id say go Ibanez. they've got pretty fast necks, good electronics, and pretty good prices.
I always found the necks on the Jacksons a bit thick, and they don't really suit my legato playing style. Hence why all my electrics are Ibanez.
I only play Ibanez and Fender guitars. Out of the choice between Ibanez and Jackson, which one do you think I will suggest? I would wager most recommendations are based off of brand loyalty.
I think i might go for the ibanez i already own a cheap rg and in my opinion it plays a lot nicer than my mates razorback v but then again ahhh cant decide :/
i had the rg320 for a couple of days (long story)
the neck was incredible (well i guess i would say that after using an epiphone les paul for 2 years lol)
everyone says the trem on it is crap but its the only trem ive had a proper go on so i have nothing to compare it to but if you dont like it then you could probaly buy a floyd rose without going too far out of your price range

never played the jackson though
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by \m/Jake\m/
I think i might go for the ibanez i already own a cheap rg and in my opinion it plays a lot nicer than my mates razorback v but then again ahhh cant decide :/

Dude, Razorback is Dean. Dean just sucks in general, and it's insane to base your opinion about Jackson on another company.
Quote by Danno13
Dude, Razorback is Dean. Dean just sucks in general, and it's insane to base your opinion about Jackson on another company.

Nah wasnt dissing jackson just saying that ibanezs play nice

Ive only played on a jackson once before it was a randy rhodes v but not the cheap 1 could have been the rr10 cant remember, i think i was drunk at the time. I found it was unbalanced and sounded bad but it was through a crappy mg microstack thingy.
I naturally say any Ibanez RG(Floyd Rose) thats better than the RG4EX1. I have the RG5EX1.
i personally like Ibanez but i'm biased. just play each of them and decide which one you like better. it all comes down to personal preference anyway.
jacksons are really nice especailly warriors and kellys. how much is 300 pounds?
Both kick ass, but personally I prefer Jackson.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by the spiker
I only play Ibanez and Fender guitars. Out of the choice between Ibanez and Jackson, which one do you think I will suggest? I would wager most recommendations are based off of brand loyalty.

well jackson is owned by fender soooo....
i dont know much about Jackson, but i have an Ibanez and i love it. the necks have a really nice feel, although some ppl have said that their too thin for them. also they got a great tone
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Totally agree
I just love my prestige for everything - clean and heavily distorted soloing, acoustic like pieces, blues. You name it, it sounds great!

Quote by rockdan101
i had the rg320 for a couple of days (long story)
the neck was incredible (well i guess i would say that after using an epiphone les paul for 2 years lol)
everyone says the trem on it is crap but its the only trem ive had a proper go on so i have nothing to compare it to but if you dont like it then you could probaly buy a floyd rose without going too far out of your price range

never played the jackson though

Agreed.
I can't play on anything with those kind of necks. I had an Epiphone Les Paul for about a month, it got left in a corner for 3 months and sold after that.
Last edited by mfinnan101 at May 6, 2008,
ibanez
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Jackson all the way the only brand I would buy for playing metal they are just that awsome
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name