Page 1 of 4
Quote by Vagabond21
excuse me

what?

seconded
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
i'm a fan of the genre myself
its just this girl

she uses the phrase indie about 465 times in 7 minutes
and vintage as a close second with 213

the wya she applies such labels to herself just turns my stomach
someone who works so hard to beong to a crowd
it seems over forced
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Nobody sig me or i'll kick your ass.
I like Indie and stuff but these people are just irritating. You can not be 'an Indie', I don't give a shi't if it's in the dictionary.

She's an idiot "I'm gonna be the next Amy (Whitehouse) on the scene, and I'm not gonna take drugs, so I'm fun for all the family"
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at May 6, 2008,
Quote by hazzmatazz
People like indie, get over it.

+130r2230680235464;aflsfalsdpiasfljadsf9999900000numbersobigyoucan'teventhinkofitorelseurmindwill****inblastopen09129
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
The only "eww" I saw was the picture of the two girls making out on her desk...

I didn't know this was a British thing (in America, we have quite a few British narrators), and the question was "what would you do if you had a million pounds?"

The first thing I thought was "Go on a diet!"
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by freedoms_stain
NME is the worst music press ever.

I'm slowly starting to hate this girl too.

Tell me about it. NME are just a bunch of tossers that rate every album a 10 and suck up to crappy underground Myspace bands.

Edit: This girl is almost the appitomy of every thing I hate.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at May 6, 2008,
She looks 7, not 17.

Ok, I've watched it, and I think she's an idiot, but you can't condemn people for what they wear or what they listen to.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Nothing wrong with indies… she looks a lil funky, but there’s nothing wrong with the music and all that
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Well ... interesting, but I think she's doing things simply to "be indie", if I like music and a genre I don't feel as if I have to dress in a particular manner or act in a particular way because it's what everyone else who likes the genre is doing.

"Well, I like this band, so I had better wear tight pants and paint otherwise I cannot justify liking their music" (she didn't say this directly but it's the jist I got from it)

I think her interview was serving to stereotype people who may like the genre, similar to how metal heads and emo kids are stereotyped and judged by the majority of their "scene" and perpetuates the idea that if you don't conform to the scene standards you don't belong to it.
Quote by kidsilcon
Tell me about it. NME are just a bunch of tossers that rate every album a 10 and suck up to crappy underground Myspace bands.
I think their objectivity died when Melody Maker went under and they became the only real "Indie" press, meaning they can say whatever they like.
have we got it wrong? email them@bbc.co.uk

!!!
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853802

my thread, read it, do not discriminate against sub-cultures of any kind... but i guess casual jokes are fine.. LOL
Quote by petrina_678
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853802

my thread, read it, do not discriminate against sub-cultures of any kind... but i guess casual jokes are fine.. LOL

...what does that have to do with this?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I hate people who go around constantly saying "I'm Indie" or "I'm Emo" etc. Because it's just so shallow. I mean, come on. You're not Indie, you're Amy. Get an individual personality you sheep.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/switch/them/dean.shtml Watch the first few seconds of this. What a hilarious person . It's like something from 'Stars In their Eyes'.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I want her to die.

I'm not being brash, that made me actually be physically sick.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I hate people who go around constantly saying "I'm Indie" or "I'm Emo" etc. Because it's just so shallow. I mean, come on. You're not Indie, you're Amy. Get an individual personality you sheep.

nothing that she does is in any way 'indie' in its real meaning of 'independant' as she tries to follow a crowd

the word indie has been over used so much it has lost all meaning

"because thats the indie thing to do"
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Nobody sig me or i'll kick your ass.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by chalres
nothing that she does is in any way 'indie' in its real meaning of 'independant' as she tries to follow a crowd

the word indie has been over used so much it has lost all meaning

"because thats the indie thing to do"

I agree 100% man, it's sick.

And going on about how these bands are 'her' bands, that's ****ing pathetic. Sure, I personally get a bit irritaed when a band I really like get too big for my liking, and dickheads start liking them, but credit to them, y'know. I'm not claiming ownership of a band that I had no part in creating.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
made my day... I'm wacthing them all now, they're all not half scripted and fake feeling though.

if eww was for indie, then tut tut.

if eww was for those teeth, then i must relunctantly concur.
"our name changes every week cause thats just the indie thing to do"

Is that a piss take?!
Page 1 of 4