So here is what I'm getting/have already, and I want to know if certain things would sound better in the loop, or in front of the amp for optimum performance.

Hagstrom Swede w/ ZW EMG Set

Bugera 6262 Amp Head

Vader 2x12 Cab

Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
EHX Small Clone Analog Chorus
Boss RE-20 Space Echo Delay
Boss Acoustic Simulator
ISP Decimator
Vox Volume Pedal

Also, any suggestions for more/less pedals...???

Thanks guys,

Always appreciated.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I think the chorus & delay could be put in the effectsloop. you could also buy a wahpedal. always nice to play with, and I think that the voodoo lab sparkle drive is some kind of distortion? if not you could buy an OD or DS pedal too.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Everything shoud go before the amp except for possibly the delay. Delays should go through the effects loop especially if you are recording a loop and switching from clean to dirty channels so that it retains the tone of the channel you did the loop in.

As for suggestions for more or less pedals? It depends on what you want to be able to do.
The Gibson site has nothing about effects loops from what I saw, but I like the idea of having the decimator and EQ first, and then the OD, then I might put the delay and chorus in the FX loop.......
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Bertallica
Everything shoud go before the amp except for possibly the delay. Delays should go through the effects loop especially if you are recording a loop and switching from clean to dirty channels so that it retains the tone of the channel you did the loop in.

Wat.

The RE-20 isn't a looper. The main reason for putting a delay in the loop is because placing it before dirt makes the oevrall sound muddy. Since the effects loop enters the signal after the preamp, it allows you to retain clarity even when using delay in high gain situation. The same thing goes for chorus.

However, some people claim to like the sound of delay/chorus before dirt, so you might want to try it out an see what works for you
Quote by kyrreca
Wat.

The RE-20 isn't a looper. The main reason for putting a delay in the loop is because placing it before dirt makes the oevrall sound muddy. Since the effects loop enters the signal after the preamp, it allows you to retain clarity even when using delay in high gain situation. The same thing goes for chorus.

However, some people claim to like the sound of delay/chorus before dirt, so you might want to try it out an see what works for you

I was referring to delays in general not specifically to the RE-20. Some might use a DD-6, which you can loop small samples of your playing.

It the rest is a matter of what sound you are trying to create. There really are no rules on what order to chain effects.
Quote by Bertallica
I was referring to delays in general not specifically to the RE-20. Some might use a DD-6, which you can loop small samples of your playing.

It the rest is a matter of what sound you are trying to create. There really are no rules on what order to chain effects.

My point still stands. The main reason for putting delays in the effects loop isn't to avoid altering the tone of a stored loop when switching channels.