As can be seen by my sig, I'm a big Final Fantasy freak. I was thinking of making a few songs inspired by the series. I just got this idea as I was thinking about how Led Zep wrote a bunch of songs based on Lord of the Rings. I couldn't find inspiration anywhere else plus this is a total excuse to play a FF game while writing! Anyone else think it's a good idea?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Oh yea, themed songs are awesome. The only thing you have to watch out for is that you don't repeat the same ideas over and over.
When we're alone we'll find some peace
oh dear, could have at least taken a good character...:P at least Cloud or someone like that doesnt run like a duck
Try writing around the themes of the games and issues raised in them rather than explicitly mentioning anything or anyone by name.

It makes it more inclusive for people unfamiliar with the series, while still being influenced by the games.
Quote by rizo299
Try writing around the themes of the games and issues raised in them rather than explicitly mentioning anything or anyone by name.

It makes it more inclusive for people unfamiliar with the series, while still being influenced by the games.

That's pretty much what I was going for. I wasn't gonna use names or anything, just loose ideas.
write music based around the series, but don't plagiarize the actual ingame music, that should help.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by mcfreaki
write music based around the series, but don't plagiarize the actual ingame music, that should help.

Definitely not! i would never insult Uematsu by stealing his work!