Going to buy Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and Peavey ValveKing 112 after work today.

If you guys had to decide the best guitar in the same price range ($700 guitar) ($400 amp) what would it be? (more heavier metal music mostly)
dpending on the neck you want, either the an S or the c-1

hmm, a bugera would get more metal tones.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
id say a jackson rr3, and a spider iii 112 for any tone, from jazzy clean to heavy f***in metal!
R.I.P brother dime

Reppin for the new york death metal scene
what makes a man?balls and weiner my friends, balls and weiner
swap the price ranges, Peavey XXX and an Ibanez RG
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
+1 for swapping, but than i should buy a 5150 and a non-tremolo guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Well I'm willing to have a little variance, the prices aren't set in stone, but thats what the ones that I wanted to buy were gonna be. Me and my buddy went and played them and they sound really nice together. Just wanted to check my options first before I bought though
Quote by trooper927
id say a jackson rr3, and a spider iii 112 for any tone, from jazzy clean to heavy f***in metal!

You fail.

+1 to speding more on the amp. I'd get a used 5150 (should be able to find one around $5-600), then maybe go for a B.C. Rich Outlaw PX3T, Ibanez S320, Schecter C-1 FR, Jackson KVX10, or Fender Floyd Rose Stratocaster.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
It's so hard to make a decision when it comes to guitars because there are soooooo many different types and sounds and things to consider =( I am also not the best at being able to tell if something is of quality or not in person, except how it feels to play to me.

can you guys give me any advice on this purchase? I will probably just get the hellraiser and the valveking, i don't really think i'll be going wrong here will i? It sounded really nice when me and my buddy were playing them together but I also have a very untrained ear.
The Valveking and Shecter would be a good choice....for heavier styles keep in mind you might want an Overdrive or distortion pedal of some sort in front of the Valveking. I think you'd be perfectly satisfied, as I'm happy with my Valveking and an E/H Metal Muff pedal for practice/bedroom playing.

However I am also in agreement that switching the amp and guitar prices around, as most of your tone will come from your amp anyway. So I wouldn't set your sight just on a Valveking and the Schecter, just shop around and see what you can find at the store as well. $1100 gives you some leverage for sure.
Ok yes, so i'm a forum troll here at work all day haha, but anyways.

I am checking out more stuff about the hellraiser c-1 and the schecter site says it uses 81TW/89 EMG pickups... but everyone keeps saying it has 81/85 pickups.... Am i missing something here? The one i see with the 81/85 is the Avenger model. Do all the regular Hellraiser C-1s come with the 81tw/89 emgs?
the new 1's have the 81/89 combo w/ coil tap, which is only beneficial in every way
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Exodus04
Ok yes, so i'm a forum troll here at work all day haha, but anyways.

I am checking out more stuff about the hellraiser c-1 and the schecter site says it uses 81TW/89 EMG pickups... but everyone keeps saying it has 81/85 pickups.... Am i missing something here? The one i see with the 81/85 is the Avenger model. Do all the regular Hellraiser C-1s come with the 81tw/89 emgs?

The newer models come with the 81tw/89 set, which is basically an 81/85 set with a coil tap feature (essentially turns them into single coils).

I really think there are better choices than the VK for your budget. It's a good amp, but it doesn't have a very good metal tone on its own, and you should always go for an amp that can get as close to the sound you want without the help of pedals, then if you HAVE to, buy a pedal to tighten it up. An alternative to a used 5150 would be the Randall RG50TC. It can get a VERY good metal tone on its own. Pair that up with one of the guitars I suggested earlier and you're set.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I guess I must just not have a trained enough ear... it sounded good when me and my buddy played on it. Now I'm not very confident in my choices... I can't really go any higher than the 1100, that was a lot more than i wanted to spend in the beginning, but it was worth it to me for the guitar because i like how it feels. Ideally I'd like to only spend around $800, but that really doesn't leave much because thats an even split on guitar/amp pretty much.

Is there any way you guys can suggest good amp/guitar combinations, for a combined total of around $1k or less? It's harder for me to decide with separate prices because if i change one price i am looking at a whole other level of choices for the other.

Sorry i'm being so needy, it's just that i really don't know and don't want to screw up by buying something that wasn't worth it. I have this thing about me where I have to like scrutinize everything and get the best deal i can for what i'm spending... it's a pain in the ass.