i was thinking about getting one eventually, and i was wondering if the pickups were good? i was thinking about a razorback.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Honestly, through an MG, it wouldn't matter what the pickups are like.

Get a better amp. Your guitar is fine.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Last edited by BobMarleysGhost at May 6, 2008,
they dont play like ****, and my amp is fine.. trust me.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
yeah but im looking for a metalish guitar, and i dont like bc rich designs
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Quote by KennySG
they dont play like ****, and my amp is fine.. trust me.

Is this the MG we're talking about?

Compare it to a valve combo.

Also, through a solid state amp like your MG, different pickups (if you're considering getting a Dean and changing the stock ones) would not sound much better.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
yes were talking about the mg, i like it compared to other amps ive played, im looking for a new guitar then i may consider getting a Marshall VS2000 AVT100 112 , but seriously guys i dont want to hear stuff about amps right now, just guitars
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
A friend of mine has one and I like to play on it. It's light, has a fast neck and the pickup (Dimebucker) is quite good. I'm not a huge fan of the shape however, cool when you first see it but not so much after a few months.
You might want to look at Jackson however, you could get a better guitar at the same price which looks even more metal
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
I own 3 Deans (including my g/f's ML XP) and getting ready to purchase a 4th (79 ML/F). Once you get into the $600 range the pickups get really decent and playability is outstanding. I personally don't care for the razorback, but that's just my taste. It's a quality instrument.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Ventor
A friend of mine has one and I like to play on it. It's light, has a fast neck and the pickup (Dimebucker) is quite good. I'm not a huge fan of the shape however, cool when you first see it but not so much after a few months.
You might want to look at Jackson however, you could get a better guitar at the same price which looks even more metal

yeah my other choice would be a dinky dk2m, but not many jackson guitars i like..
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Some dean pickups are ok but the best are in the mid-upper price range, IMO I love Deans, all the haters on here most likely never played one. If you want a Dean than man get a Dean you will love it, NEVER get a guitar just becuase of what some people say, listen to me "Try It before you buy It and you will never have problems!"