I was just wondering if anyone else here uses has or want to have one. Nobody seems to know about them.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i want one, but i don't really know much about it, i'm trying to save up money for a new guitar so i don't know if i can afford spending money on it... what can you tell me about it?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I had one in college. I want another one. I don't know if it was shotty build quality or my dumb ars that didn't take care of it. I used to run it through my...
<.<.
.>.>
mg to actually make it sound acceptable. Which it did. But it broke and I got the Soloist. Which was ok, but not as good as the Rockman. And it broke too. But again, I was young dumn and full of.... You get the point.

As I am sure you know Scholz designed it and it recreated his sound very well. I was able to get very good early VH tones from it too. It had chorus and reverb settings I believe along with a great distortion tone. Tight and clean distortion if that makes any sense. You could use it with headphones or as an effect into your amp. I think the pod whatchamacallits are probably similar in nature. Never tried a pod so I dunno if it compares tonally.
The decline of the band Boston probably lead to the demise of the pedal as fewer people knew or cared about who Tom Scholz was. I think the Soloist is still around. But the Rockman was great, IMO. Gotta run so I will see where this thread is later. Good luck bro. Edit: I called it a pedal, it was a unit that you could clip to your belt, plug in headphones and walk around in your own little jamming world.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 12, 2008,
wait does the rockman run through the input-output chain like other effects? how exactly does it work?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
wait does the rockman run through the input-output chain like other effects? how exactly does it work?

just imagine pluging your guitar into a box, and having headphones come out of it. You had distortion, effects, reverb, etc. all in a box that you clip on to your belt. you dont hook it to another amp, because it IS an amp
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Man this thread is old

Yes Bjovi that is exactly what it is It IS an amp.

it sounds best through headphones or a PA system... But it sounds GREAT through a stereo system or boombox. anything with fullrange speakers will sound good. so a keyboard amp or something like that would work well to.

Gregs.

The Soloist is just s different version of the rockman it doesn't have the reverb or echo. but still retains the chorus setting. It has a little bit different disotrtion circut then the original X100 or rockman also
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
yea, i dug this thread out because it was relevant to my questions, thanks for the answers though... but i'm curious what if i want to be able to project my sound, i can still plug the rockman into a stereo right?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
yea, i dug this thread out because it was relevant to my questions, thanks for the answers though... but i'm curious what if i want to be able to project my sound, i can still plug the rockman into a stereo right?

I didn't notice the age of the thread. Through a stereo? I don't think so. Through the clean channel of an amp yes.
Yes you're right again gregs. But it isn't going to sound that great through a clean amp... just okay. through any full range system it'll sound great though.

so seriously if you're gonna buy one either put it through your stereo, keyboard amp, PA, or anything else like that as long as it's full range it'll sound absolutley AMAZING
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
ok thanks everyone, about how much does it usually sell for?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
so Rockman X100 is better than Rockman Guitar Ace?
AROUND THE WORLD

Yes most definatly. the Guitar ace is like the super crappy downgraded version of the x100 id doesn't sound good at all
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Thanks for checking that Bostonrocks. I just looked for the new stuff. I saw the X100 on ebay but caution against used with this product due to my experience with reliability. If you can get a X100 that is working perfectly, you will love it. My bad and thanks.

Edit: Always try before you buy.

Edit 2: And whyTF don't they still make the original? Seriously. Hello?!
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 15, 2008,
the original is no longer in production? crap then its gonna be hard to find
AROUND THE WORLD

Not new, no. But if you can find one and try it out.... It made my MG sound acceptable, that's all I'm sayin'...
the original was put out of production in 94 when Tom scholz sold the company to dunlop. Now they make a reissue of the original with cheaper less reliable parts so it sound MUCH worse.

gregs on the reliability issue:

the Rockman I have is a 84 REV1 and it works perfectly.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era