Page 1 of 2
Ok well my bands entering a small battle of the bands tomorow. And we are doing our own song, i aint got a perfect solo but its got song so shouldnt matter. But anyway, anyway tips when playing btw theres 3 judges
Remember that no matter how professional and fair it is its all just a farce in the end since its either a popularity contest or the judges all have favourites
Quote by GiantRaven
Remember that no matter how professional and fair it is its all just a farce in the end since its either a popularity contest or the judges all have favourites

+1
yeah... just went through my first one myself... Practice everything... that includes how you stand, and what moves your going make... where youmove on stage... its all important because you forget most of it when your playing and you just hope you pull it off okay... by planning that you also help take your mind off of playing so hard... people tend to do that in live show...
Just play in time and enjoy it.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
just enjoy the experience of playing in front of an audience. dont make "prize winning" your priority.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
It sucks that it's tomoz. I wish it was yesterz. Or mabye todz.
Vomit moments before going on stage. No joke! Stage fright killer!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
yeah, be an entertainer. Musicians are for studio albums, but the whole meaning of a "show" is that it should be a "show." So be entertaining for them

oh and the judges will be biased like someone already mentioned. It doesnt matter if your the best, almost all contests/competitions are rigged some way or another.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
make sure you know what you're gonna do next and what's comin' up
for the solo make sure you add a lot of felling
dont just play the solo, be the solo
(i know it is lame sounding etc. but there isn't really another way to describe it)
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Quote by CoreysMonster
+110001110

Is that binary?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by CoreysMonster
+110001110

Binary solo!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
And remember that even when you put in the more effort than any other band that performed (even getting one of the judges telling you that you were one of the best live bands they've ever seen) and then coming last (and getting the lowest votes from every judge...despite what was just mentioned)

Yeah

**** battle of the bands
listen to some inspiring 80's synth music before you go on to pump you up.
Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
Learn how to spell.

Nah, just go on and have fun.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
A friend of mine once wrote an amazing solo but he forget it when he was playing it. So don`t bother to write one if you`re gonna perform tomorrow. So try to figure out wich scale. I solo most of the times with an E-minor scale (Or anoter minor-scale. Depends on the root note of the chord) Do also some trills. You know, hammer-on and pull-offs. So you can swing your other arm in the air or some tricks. Try to look as many to the crowd and judges. So make sure if you`re gonna forget everything you wrote that you just take that scale and go up and downwards as fast as you can.
Quote by GiantRaven
And remember that even when you put in the more effort than any other band that performed (even getting one of the judges telling you that you were one of the best live bands they've ever seen) and then coming last (and getting the lowest votes from every judge...despite what was just mentioned)

Yeah

**** battle of the bands

Bitter much?
Quote by dartmaster
Bitter much?

Very.

Oh and the band that won was apparently trading votes for weed

And a load of the people with weed threw everyones gear out of the storage room so they could smoke weed in there

Hooray for professionalism!

Make sure your completly ready with fresh brand new picks of the type you use, and have a few, never know when those suckers are gonna break! And make sure you bring you warm up some timeon that day, the first time i pic up my guitar ona day i usually need to warmup.

and be sure to post your experiences here!

Have fun

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
I think someone is upset about a lost battle of the bands. I doubt many of the contests are rigged as no one could really profit off of that. Just play your best and you will do fine.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by GiantRaven
Very.

Oh and the band that won was apparently trading votes for weed

And a load of the people with weed threw everyones gear out of the storage room so they could smoke weed in there

Hooray for professionalism!

lol wow

Like i said sleep with the judges Then everyones a winner
right well i got an ok solo sounds a bit deep purple highway stary like but its good enough. Not hard to remember just call and response style. Also are guitar faces yay or nay? and shal i do behind head **** or will that just look egoistic
Guitar faces = nay but you cant always help them, sometimes tehy just happen. I also so nay behind that back just look casual and relaxed
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by GiantRaven

this man wins the thread

say you were an extremely talented metal band, you'd probably not win because metal isnt popular to MOST people...
Top lel.
well were not really full out metal, but were not just usual indie ****e, nor traditional rock. We sorta all got different influences and we got a unique sound. And having 2 guitars gets some maideny moments. Anyway what about subtle guitar faces, or shoulder shrugs on bends?
I hate the term "battle of the bands"

It's just makes me thing of overly hormonal teens screaming.

And nothing is a battle unless it involves mortal kombat fatalities.
nah i agree most is a load of crap
were only doing cause 700 gig for next year
Quote by sargasm
It sucks that it's tomoz. I wish it was yesterz. Or mabye todz.

Yeah, that irked me too. Don't bother entering a "Battle of the bands" with the intent of winning, just do it to play, and if there's an entrance fee, then don't enter at all.
Page 1 of 2