I have no retail experience, but I really don't want to do manual labor this summer and I think it'd be really fun to work in a guitar/general musical instrument store. What do I need to know before I apply to work at guitar stores? Yes I know it's what most kids try to do, but I think it's worth a shot. Thanks for any help.
Can you tune by ear? Major skill in the guitar shop world.

Can you convince people that starter acks are actually any good? Absolutely essential.

And try not to fall over and bruise your pelvis like some twat who served me in a guitar shop once.
Yeah I can tune by ear. What's the significance of tuning a floating bridge, the guitar I own has a floating bridge, but I've never tuned a normal one.
Most inportant of all, can you stand to hear smoke on the water, walk, master of puppets and smells like teen spirit atleast 10 times a day?
beleive me you'll want to quit after a week.
Quote by alkalineweeman
Most inportant of all, can you stand to hear smoke on the water, walk, master of puppets and smells like teen spirit atleast 10 times a day?
beleive me you'll want to quit after a week.

no way, I've taught 3 cousins and 2 sisters how to play guitar. One cousin played smoke on the water for 3 days straight.

I guess the most important question is about how hard it is to get a job at a music store?
I did work experience in a guitar shop...it was really boring, mainly me cleaning guitars and taking really heavy stock up in a really dodgy lift (and by dodgy i mean could fall at any moment because the store owner wouldn't buy the safety break/wire for it, and we were putting pianos in this thing!).

I dont know working there properly might be better, but i didnt enjoy it personally