any experience with this builder and his work? seems interesting and has a good price point. i'm just worried i will end up with something that is not the same while saving a few hundred. atleast he is canadian....

here is his ebay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=170215154087&Category=10171&_trksid=p3907.m29

also, im thinkng of pairing this with a avatar V30 cab. any thoughts on this mix? cheers
hello cowgirl in the sand....
G&L legacy, schecter blackjack
keeley tube screamer
ron sound hairpie classic
Get the Blackheart version of the Tiny Terror. Can't remember its name, but much cheaper then a TT.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
That looks nice!
How much would that be in USD?
I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to currency.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
That looks nice!
How much would that be in USD?
I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to currency.

last time i checked we are about par. maybe canadian being a bit stronger? not really sure. just got back from australia so... haha
hello cowgirl in the sand....
G&L legacy, schecter blackjack
keeley tube screamer
ron sound hairpie classic
Hrm... that looks quite nice.
I may go for that once i'm in the market for a lower wattage amp (plus, i'm going to have a spare 4x10 cab once I rip out my speakers in my combo)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Simsimius
Get the Blackheart version of the Tiny Terror. Can't remember its name, but much cheaper then a TT.

The eBay amp would be far better, as far as I'm concerned.

Point-to-point handwired in the USA, Tiny Terror clone and Spitfire clone, etc.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Thanks for posting that. I was getting ready to buy a TT fairly soon, & I think I might roll the dice on this one instead. I love P2P wiring, & the guy obviously knows what he's doing & has tons of 100% positive feedback. Even willing to ship to USA from Michigan to avoid customs. SWEET.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
Thanks for posting that. I was getting ready to buy a TT fairly soon, & I think I might roll the dice on this one instead. I love P2P wiring, & the guy obviously knows what he's doing & has tons of 100% positive feedback. Even willing to ship to USA from Michigan to avoid customs. SWEET.

I agree, the thing looks great. I could see sending him the insides of my VJ for the $60 discount, and housing the amp in that cabinet.

As if I need another amp...
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The guy im going to have build my amp does p2p and it does sound amazing. A bit scary but amazing...

a good point to point can be a work of art. Courtesy of Doug Roccaforte

Those Phaez amps sound good according to most people, but they are scary looking inside.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at May 6, 2008,
Quote by Erock503
a good point to point can be a work of art. Courtesy of Doug Roccaforte

Those Phaez amps sound good according to most people, but they are scary looking inside.

Thats the cleanest p2p i think i've ever seen. The guy i know is inbetween the two... But no were near that clean and detailed..
Quote by Erock503

Good info in that thread you posted, and a picture says a words...

But I'll tell you, I have an old Silvertone that looks more like a rat's rest inside than that amp, and it's still cranking after about 40 years. So wiring isn't everything. The TT is PCB based, and probably a lot harder to mod or work on than this amp, if that's what you're into to.

I'd prefer cleaner work, but that tangle of wires wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Good info in that thread you posted, and a picture says a words...

But I'll tell you, I have an old Silvertone that looks more like a rat's rest inside than that amp, and it's still cranking after about 40 years. So wiring isn't everything. The TT is PCB based, and probably a lot harder to mod or work on than this amp, if that's what you're into to.

I'd prefer cleaner work, but that tangle of wires wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

yeah, I understand what you're saying, even the owner of that amp still likes the sound. I've also seen the rats nest in some old vintage amps, so I know what you're talking about. Still, that pic is kind of scary, at least to me. Some of those wires look really thin, and on the left hand side, it looks like there are 2 wires that are just cut off and going nowhere.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
yeah, I understand what you're saying, even the owner of that amp still likes the sound. I've also seen the rats nest in some old vintage amps, so I know what you're talking about. Still, that pic is kind of scary, at least to me. Some of those wires look really thin, and on the left hand side, it looks like there are 2 wires that are just cut off and going nowhere.

Lol just noticed that and also the 2 yellow wires 2 inchs to left are the same way.. Maybe its like a alarm or amp system install on your car.. Well i left these two wires here incase you wanted to hook up something to it at a later date lol
Wow, that is NOT what the inside of an amp should look like. Between the "creative" grounding and the alarming approach towards safety and reliability (no fuses!), I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10-foot pole. Too bad, it sounded like a cool idea.

To slats: your silvertone has three things that doesn't: stiff wires that won't wobble around and discharge caps against the chassis, a mains fuse, and a proper chassis ground. I've seen some of those old silvertones and magnatones, and there's some method in their madness. This thing just looks like a death machine.
Last edited by Roc8995 at May 7, 2008,