okay im beggining to order ma stuff for my first build (yey)

its a strat shape and ive decided on this so far

2 steam hammer humbucking pickups with 4 conductors for neck and bridge
a kill switch but i want a 3 way one so middle is kill would a les paul p/u switch be able to do this?

not sure what to do for pots maybe 2 volume and 2 tone? not sure weather to have a selector or not? advice plz?

now hears where it gets tricky i wanted some sort of distortion or fuzz built it so im thinking an sd-1 and dismatnle it and put a switch for on off (ture bypass) and have the three knobs on the front of the guitar?

now comes the confusedness

i was considering a reverb or a chorus but i only wanted a knobe to have the level of it could i mod the pedal to do this?

and i wanted a controllable feed back (i know matt belemy does this) but how is this do able what would i need?

opinions please? and suggestions?

thanks ryan
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Last edited by rancidryan at May 6, 2008,
Good luck, making an effects guitar. Sounds like a challenge, but it could really be great

Try maybe using a semi-hollow body guitar, that might be better than a solid body.

More room for the electronics.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
ahh ive made the body i just havent routed yet and the bridge is strung through the bridge so there be lots of room ^_^
Quote by Deliriumbassist
As long as you know what wire goes where and how the pedals' circutry works, then you should be good.

As far as the 3-way switch being middle kill, i have no clue
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
any input at all would be help full please?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
okay im beggining to order ma stuff for my first build (yey)

its a strat shape and ive decided on this so far

2 steam hammer humbucking pickups with 4 conductors for neck and bridge
a kill switch but i want a 3 way one so middle is kill would a les paul p/u switch be able to do this?

not sure what to do for pots maybe 2 volume and 2 tone? not sure weather to have a selector or not? advice plz?

I'm almost positive reversing the hot and ground wires on a normal 3-way will give you that result. Of course, you won't be able to use both pickups at once, though...

Quote by rancidryan
now hears where it gets tricky i wanted some sort of distortion or fuzz built it so im thinking an sd-1 and dismatnle it and put a switch for on off (ture bypass) and have the three knobs on the front of the guitar?

I don't see why you couldn't do that.. Although I don't really see the point of built in effects. You're just limiting yourself to using that effect with one guitar, instead of using that effect in a pedal with ANY guitar.

Quote by rancidryan
now comes the confusedness

i was considering a reverb or a chorus but i only wanted a knobe to have the level of it could i mod the pedal to do this?

replace all the other pots in the effect with resistors to give you the set value you want (or mount trimpots?)

Quote by rancidryan
and i wanted a controllable feed back (i know matt belemy does this) but how is this do able what would i need?

opinions please? and suggestions?

thanks ryan

I'm not sure what you mean by controllable feedback? something like a self-oscillating delay? or just a sustainer of some kind?